Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

How much pocket money did you get?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone tell me what is the difference between a wringer and a mangle ? I thought they were the same thing, just different names for them. Does anybody remember a machine in launderettes called an extractor ? I never knew what that was for so avoided it. :cry:

Could someone tell me what is the difference between a wringer and a mangle ? I thought they were the same thing, just different names for them. Does anybody remember a machine in launderettes called an extractor ? I never knew what that was for so avoided it. :cry:

We used one here for years, Hingmie.

A Mangle has 3 wooden rollers. Grannies are prone to catching T**s in them to the amusement of their grandkids

A wringer has two rubber rollers not to be confused with a bloke who pulls a rope in a belfry

I seem to remember it was Mrs Mangel.... anyone want to correct me?

Gie me strenth. Of course it's spelt Mangel. That wiz how ah hud tae spell it tae fun the Truman Capote. It wiz merely a play oan wurds. :roll:

Heerz the classic scene wherr Haruld Bishup goat intae bed wi' hur. It's enuff tae pit ye aff Twa Gun Tex fur life. :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljH-ouUmamM

Guest westender

Gie me strenth. Of course it's spelt Mangel. That wiz how ah hud tae spell it tae fun the Truman Capote. It wiz merely a play oan wurds. :roll:

You don't need to tell me that, mr Needlessly Relentlessly Pedantic. Of COURSE you know how it's spelt.

I was thinking of the poor other sowels' quest for pics of the self same wummin that you will have potentially misled in your 'play on words'.

8)

You don't need to tell me that, mr Needlessly Relentlessly Pedantic. Of COURSE you know how it's spelt.

I was thinking of the poor other sowels' quest for pics of the self same wummin that you will have potentially misled in your 'play on words'.

8)

here's a misleading woman potentially trying to explain how class sizes are going to be made smaller.

Hyslop_Fiona.jpg

here's a misleading woman potentially trying to explain how class sizes are going to be made smaller.

Hyslop_Fiona.jpg

I thought that was Lorraine Kelly for a minute. Up too late again!