Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
The other guest

How much pocket money did you get?

Oz, I live here and had forgotten about the frozen washing thing. We have tumble dryers that probably work overtime from now till April in most homes, I suspect. :lol: ( do you need them down under, ever)

Please, please stop rubbing it in as to how warm it is down there as we are now rapidly approaching Winter - short days, long nights and cold, more cold & dreich, dreich weather. :cry: I am outdoors for a fair part of my workday so pity me.

Yes we have tumble driers here as the sun can take the colour out of clothes very quickly so they cant be hung out.

Actually it can really piss down here 4" in a day isnt uncommon

Yes we have tumble driers here as the sun can take the colour out of clothes very quickly so they cant be hung out.

Must be good for the whites though.

Having been brought up in a household with very clear washing protocol I struggle to put lots of washing straight into the tumble dryer and I am having withdrawal symptoms from our back green.

I remember when we were young having an enormous green washing machine on legs with an electric ringer. When the washing was finished then the soapy water would be drained off and used for washing floors or washing the close - because that was 'good' water.

It was sacriligeous to throw 'good' water out.

We hud a big sink. None of yer elecktrickery nonsense, just watter and carbolic. And a washboard. I got Stairway to Heaven outta it once.......

:roll:

Having been brought up in a household with very clear washing protocol I struggle to put lots of washing straight into the tumble dryer and I am having withdrawal symptoms from our back green.

Pat, I very rarely put the wash straight into the tumble dryer cos luckily, the way this flat was converted I have two halls. One only goes to the bedrooms so we have one of those retractable clothes lines where I hang the immediately out of washer stuff overnight and then tumble it in the morning. Each bedroom also has a hang on the radiator thingie to dry undies, socks and smaller stuff. It gets on my nerves of course. But what has a working wymyn to do ?

Aye, everybuddie's straight man, that's me :lol:

gees an unbent banana!!! :roll:

Maggs, aren`t they ? I have never seen a banana which was without a charactersitic curve or bend. Are straight bananas available ?

Sorry folks got a bit carried away there, H does tha to me, and I don't know how to make the picture smaller, won't happen again, honest Mrs

Maggs, aren`t they ? I have never seen a banana which was without a charactersitic curve or bend. Are straight bananas available ?

Another i in the wrong place there, Hingimie?

:wink:

Sorry folks got a bit carried away there, H does tha to me, and I don't know how to make the picture smaller, won't happen again, honest Mrs

Seemed like the perfect size to me, miss M.