Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
rolo tomassi

Sweetie Nostalgia

It was a "thrupenny single" near mine. No matches though. Not that I smoked then. I was a good girl me but I had friends who did :wink:

Well, can I just register my disappointment that there were no Fruit Salads visible at I Heart Candy...............4 a penny were they not?

You could aye get 4 BlackJacks a penny an aw. (heck, I know it's not pee-cee but that's what they were called in the 70s)........I didnae like them, they turned your tongue and lips black.

These days, I find a fine tempranillo does that too......... :wink: ATTRACTIVE! :lol:

Hi P does Wolfie eat the same ones as Rolo

You could aye get 4 BlackJacks a penny an aw. .............. they turned your tongue and lips black.

I believe they are good chows.

Guest onyirtodd

Well, can I just register my disappointment that there were no Fruit Salads visible at I Heart Candy...............4 a penny were they not?

You could aye get 4 BlackJacks a penny an aw. (heck, I know it's not pee-cee but that's what they were called in the 70s)........I didnae like them, they turned your tongue and lips black.

These days, I find a fine tempranillo does that too......... :wink: ATTRACTIVE! :lol:

Nothing one of these

tonguescraper.jpg

or a good snog won't cure.

PS. Fruit Salad/ Sports Mixtures in Makro in 3 Kg boxes. Yummy!

Nothing one of these

tonguescraper.jpg

or a good snog won't cure.

PS. Fruit Salad/ Sports Mixtures in Makro in 3 Kg boxes. Yummy!

Tescos sell them in mixed bags tae

Tescos sell them in mixed bags tae

Wit tongue scrapers and snogs :lol: I'll gie the scrapers a miss and order the snogs

Read this and thought of you: :)

At the Museum of Brands, Packaging and Advertising, where hundreds of exhibits tell the story of a nation's sweet tooth, it's a regular occurrence to see grown men and women lost in a reverie.

Apparently this fascination with sweeties from our past is all down to 'emotional resonance'.

Sweet sweets nostalgia, BBC News

There is a new sweetie shop opened up on Buchannan Street, just up from the tube station. It's called the Candy Shop (how original :)) and I went in last week and spent over £6 on nonsense! :(

There is a new sweetie shop opened up on Buchannan Street, just up from the tube station. It's called the Candy Shop (how original :)) and I went in last week and spent over £6 on nonsense! :(

Wizzzit huaf a pund a nonsense ur jist a cuppla kwarturs :D

Wizzzit huaf a pund a nonsense ur jist a cuppla kwarturs :(

Or tuppeny rice?

Lynnski, you're a big wean. Tell us what you bought then. :)

Or tuppeny rice?

Lynnski, you're a big wean. Tell us what you bought then. :)

Foam bananas, turkish delight, coconut mushrooms, raspberry ruffles, erm, can't remember what else I got! Very tasty! :(

I ove foam bananas, and even more so if they are covered in chocolate.mmmmmmmmmm

I got some today, the non chocolate covered type, and some shrimps, in a BHS pick n mix. They were rock hard!! Not nice n foamy like they should be. :) The ones from the sweetie shop were fab tho. I got humbugs too.

Any Imperials?

Floral gems. Aromatics. Parma Violets.

I loved they little black and purple balls too. Gentian Balls? And real hard liquorice.

Floral gems. Aromatics. Parma Violets.

Cherry lips 'n' flying saucers.

It's like 'all kinds of everything lah! lah! lah! lah! lah!' :)

Cherry lips 'n' flying saucers.

It's like 'all kinds of everything lah! lah! lah! lah! lah!' :)

Not had cherry lips for ages but DID share some flying saucers wae a wee grandgirl this weekend. Definitely jaw clenching and saliva provoking when ye get through tae the sherbert altho a tad short on that these days methinks. More saucer than sherbert. Or is my memory misplaying that sensation ?

Theres a guy in ra village next to me (wemyss bay) hus a site called

www.retrosweets.co.uk

He hus loads of diffrint stuff..

P.S ye kin getra "steamer" tae Rothesay frae wemyss bay tae

Don't let JJ see this - he goes on & on about FFB given half a chance

Sorry tae dash yer hopes westie, but it wiz only a matter o' time.

Noo, lukkin back oan the cover o' the FFB choklit bar, ah'm left tae wunner who goat piyed tae draw the five faces tae match the wurds unnerneath.

Take a luk et boay nummer fower, supposedly depictin acclamaychin. He luks mair like he is chewin a wasp.

Frys20chocolate20boys5B25D.jpg

Guest westtender

Sorry tae dash yer hopes westie, but it wiz only a matter o' time.

Noo, lukkin back oan the cover o' the FFB choklit bar, ah'm left tae wunner who goat piyed tae draw the five faces tae match the wurds unnerneath.

Take a luk et boay nummer fower, supposedly depictin acclamaychin. He luks mair like he is chewin a wasp.

Frys20chocolate20boys5B25D.jpg

He looks ill in all of them.

The Frys boy greets the news: Gary Glitter back in the UK