Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
rolo tomassi

Late night drinking in the 70s

I have to say on more than one occasion I've got into a car with someone who probably was borderline less-than-sober.........and yeah, as Pat says, a very long time ago when one believed nothing bad could possibly happen and we were invincible... :roll:

My attitude totally changed when a uni mate was killed aged 20, a very promising law student, fell asleep at the wheel.

TOG's right though, kids in the very heart of Bohemia here don't need cars to get about at night. Night bus service is pretty decent and now we have all-night tube service at weekends too.

Night bus service is pretty decent and now we have all-night tube service at weekends too.
The all night underground service is, I believe also a bus, in case anyone turns up at Hillhead to find the gates down :lol:

Eh?

I sure got the impression that the tube ran every 20 mins or so on Friday and Saturday overnights.

Did I misread the ads then?

Prob does Rolo, they just shut the stations to stop people spewing on the trains.

It is the Nightrider bus no 701 I think. Stops at bus stops with the subway sign on them :lol: It is a laugh isn`t it ? :lol: Advertise a new all night subway service at weekends and then provide a bus. O and there is an inner and outer circle bus. Maybe have different numbers.

So the late night tube's a bus then? Ahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Sure fooled me. Very clever marketing there, ahahahaaaa!

<I get cabs at weekends, obviously> :lol: