Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
rolo tomassi

Dancing Nostalgia

Some nights you can, some nights you can't, it's all down to the mood, the drinks, the band or DJ.........But if you think that was difficult, try:

The Pony :shock: :D

It's odd, almost all the Scottish men I know dance wayyyy better than the womenfolk........why IS that?

I love men that can dance.

Wi the exception of Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire. They can dance, granted, but are a bit too fey for my liking.

I am totally sh*t at dancing. Ever since I could walk (back in the 50s) I couldnae dance for toffee. I cannae even do this, to my utter embarassment at folks weddings;

:cry:

Ah, yes, well shag dancing. The guy shows off and the girl just basically looks pretty. It's kind of fun with the right fella.

You know Dex, for one awful minute I thought you had a video from last weekend and then, when I seen your link I thought mmmm....

is he insinuating I was with the SAGA tour...? :D

Ah, yes, well shag dancing. The guy shows off and the girl just basically looks pretty. It's kind of fun with the right fella.

We call shag dancing "Horizontal folk dancing" :oops:

Two things ah notissed aboot the Chubby Checker "Twist" viddyo:

Wan: He wisnae really chubby ataw.

Two: He wiz pish et daein the Twist.

The Bruce Springsteen viddyo reminded me o' how attractive Courtney Cox wiz when she wiz nachurly skinny.

The Pony wiz downright embarassin.

James Brown wiz a jeenyus.

The boay in Dex's viddyo is a diddyo.

Anyone remember the agony of the 'last dance' at school discos, hoping to be asked by the then boy of your dreams?

Unfortunately the boys I liked were aye too cool to dance, and stood about posing instead, trying to affect a rockstar persona....(no change there then...:-))

What was worse; rejecting the invites of blokes you didn't fancy and end up a wallflower (bad) or accepting and finding yerself awkwardly trying to slow-dance wi a bloke whose conversation centred around maths equations (also bad)?

God love us, what were we LIKE?

:lol:

peony wrote:

We call shag dancing "Horizontal folk dancing"

Also fun with the right fella. :lol:

Anyone remember the agony of the 'last dance' at school discos, hoping to be asked by the then boy of your dreams?

Unfortunately the boys I liked were aye too cool to dance, and stood about posing instead, trying to affect a rockstar persona....(no change there then...:-))

What was worse; rejecting the invites of blokes you didn't fancy and end up a wallflower (bad) or accepting and finding yerself awkwardly trying to slow-dance wi a bloke whose conversation centred around maths equations (also bad)?

God love us, what were we LIKE?

:lol:

I never got the chance, I was at a single sex school. Scottish country and social dancing was still taught, regardless and as I was( at that time) among the taller girls I was always the lead (usually taken by the male). I have been blighted by that ever since... :o