Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Joeboy

70's, 80's West End Nostalgia Photos...

Right, yoose auld yins, this isnae the 'Yi can go aff topic here' threid. :rolleyes:

:lol:;):P Show us yer pension book.

And in maths........three blokes are filling a bath with a hole in it. The bath measures 59 cubic feet, the watter comes through the tap at 28 mph,the hole in the bath's 5 inches wide. One bloke goes out for a sandwich; buys three cheese rolls and a bottle of Irn Bru. A roll costs 95p, so how long does it take for Westie to go off on one about men causing all the world's ills?

:rolleyes:

There. Sorted.

Right, yoose auld yins, this isnae the 'Yi can go aff topic here' threid. :rolleyes:

talking of going off topic and being old - I dodder about on this Board looking for my last post muttering away to myself - Is there a "find your last post " button?? or even a chair :lol:

Guest westtender

There. Sorted.

Hmph.

I woulda thought you might have been a bit more perceptive about the fact that I would and have picked up on the glaring error in rolo's post.....

nae gold star for you.

Guest money

Oddly enough I was thinking prittty much the same these past coupla weeks, helping the wean study for what we cried " O levels"....38 years since I sat mine. BeJASUS!

And in maths........three blokes are filling a bath with a hole in it. The bath measures 59 cubic feet, the watter comes through the tap at 28 mph,the hole in the bath's 5 inches wide. One bloke goes out for a sandwich; buys three cheese rolls and a bottle of Irn Bru. A roll costs 95p, so how long does it take to fill the bath?

:rolleyes:

Did the bottle of Irn Bru get delivered by two twenty-something redheads bearing a fish supper and two pickled onions?

Guest money

Argyle St. Finnieston, bit earlier than the 70's / 80's, I'd guess:

3477044870_cfa561bf87_b.jpg

Buchanan Scott & Co Ltd ?

Hmph.

I woulda thought you might have been a bit more perceptive about the fact that I would and have picked up on the glaring error in rolo's post.....

nae gold star for you.

A big hug next time will do. :rolleyes:

Guest westtender

Sorry once again, Pat, for posting a link to another site, but this page and the previous 3 or 4 might be of interest to some of you locals. :rolleyes:

http://urbanglasgow.co.uk/ftopic1565-0-asc-70.php

Wow!!

Absolutely brilliant pics, HH. Thanks so much for posting this link!

Said it before and I'll say it again - & sorry Pat, but let's spread the love around a bit - them folks at Urban Glasgow and Hidden Glasgow deserve a medal.

In fact, they deserve to be gied jobs in the City Chambers and the current mob of useless, self servin puddens flung out on the street.

(acht. 2 dugs in them pics... long gone :angry: )

Dammit, why do old photies have this terrible melancholia-inducing effect???

When I used to live in Bishopbriggs in 60s I used to go home from Park Circus a back way over a tiny little timber arched opening bridge over the Forth & Clyde Canal. I have no idea where it is now. Its not far from West end I think.

Anyone got any ideas??

When I used to live in Bishopbriggs in 60s I used to go home from Park Circus a back way over a tiny little timber arched opening bridge over the Forth & Clyde Canal. I have no idea where it is now. Its not far from West end I think.

Anyone got any ideas??

Check the photos Oz.

There's one headed

Applecross St (or Baird’s Brae) bascule bridge. March 1974

Check the photos Oz.

There's one headed

Ta Dex

Yes I saw that thats what reminded me. That one looked like a foot bridge I thought there may have been another one.

The approaches didnt look right either. From memory, coming from City I drove up a l slope with a sweeping right hand curve with a couple of old houses & a retaining wall to left, on right a high brick or stone wall then an open space with this little hump back single lane timber bridge. I think road came out at Possil???????

Sorry once again, Pat, for posting a link to another site, but this page and the previous 3 or 4 might be of interest to some of you locals. :angry:

http://urbanglasgow.co.uk/ftopic1565-0-asc-70.php

Right you, Firhill Fanny is it? Pistols at dawn. If you want to know about fannies around Firhill come to the thorty on such matters. :lol::rolleyes:

Anyone got any ideas??

Got me thinking now don't suppose it was the Lambhill bridge just at the Glen Douglas pub?

When I lived in Possil my uncle would drive me to school in the west end and he would take a shortcut through Possil starting at Stronend street off Balmore road and then ending up at Sanda Street there was a few bridges going that route and plenty of small industrial buildings too! :(

That bloke streapadair has got some fantastic pics swear I'm in one of them standing eating my pie at lunchtime eyeing up the Aloysius boys at Garnie :lol: I saw sense in later years and married a Mungo boy -yeah right! :angry:

Lambhill rings a very faint bell. It was a long time ago :angry:

Was it a mutton pie Iona?

Lambhill rings a very faint bell. It was a long time ago :lol:

Was it a mutton pie Iona?

It was indeed a mutton pie from a mingin wee shop.

It's not easy to look alluring and sophisticated eyeing up the boys on the street corner with a greasy pie n coke :lol: ....but we did ;)

It was indeed a mutton pie from a mingin wee shop.

It's not easy to look alluring and sophisticated eyeing up the boys on the street corner with a greasy pie n coke :lol: ....but we did :blink:

well they did go to all boys schools. A guy in a kilt would have looked alluring.