Swimming – Learning & Coaching
Swimming lessons for adults and children at William Young Swim School Glasgow
Coaching for adults and kids of all ages and stages:
- Beginners – child and adult
- Improvers – child and adult
- Developers – child and adult
- Advanced coaching for individuals and teams
- G.P. Referrals
- Disability teaching
- Rehabilitation through swimming
- Swimming for health and fitness
Contact William Young Swim School and learn from an experienced, fully qualified swimming coach.
- Institute of Swimming
- MIOS (TD)
- Scottish Teachers Association (STA)
- NDCS Deaf Friendly Swimming Certificated
- Child Protection Workshop Certificated
- Disclosure Scotland Certificated
- Experience in disabilities and special needs including working with deaf children and adults at all levels
William Young was previously Assistant Swimming Development Officer with West Dunbartonshire Council. He has extensive experience of designing swimming classes for groups and coaching individuals.
He delivers rehabilitation classes and this has proven to be beneficial in aiding recovery and easing mobility. It involves developing individual programmes focusing on increasing fitness levels including flexibility, cardiovascular health, strength and stamina.
He has additional qualifications relating to disabilities and special needs including sight impairment and deafness.
Works with clients after hip and knee replacements, with those who have been advised by medical practitioners to build up specific muscle groups to support skeletal system, stroke and by-pass patients, people with cerebal palsy and other health issues or conditions.
He designs programmes for clients using teaching methods and techniques to ensure minimum shock absorption and maximum flexibility. Work can be undertaken in conjunction with other health professionals including occupational therapists and physiotherapists.
"I used to advertise in the yellow pages at great expense and didn't get as many enquiries as I do through my £25 ad with you!!"
Niall Anderson, Anderson Carpenters and Joiners
20% of Google searches include a local place name. 70% of people looking for a business look online first.