Young Talent 2016 ProjectAbility Trongate 16th August – 24th September, 2016
Exhibition runs 16th August – 24th September, 2016
103 Trongate, G1 5HD
Project Ability welcomes this year’s Young Talent exhibition!
Each year Young Talent showcases and celebrates the artwork created by children and young people from Project Ability’s Create Programme, now in its 16th year. With the artists ranging from 5 years of age up to 28, the work created for this exhibition is diverse and covers all disciplines; sculpture, painting, drawing, textiles, video, printing and more.
We regularly run two groups for our young artists here at our Trongate 103 studios- our Saturday Visual Arts Programme for ages 5-21, and our Art Matters Programme for young people aged 21 – 28. Each of these young artists has their own unique style and this exhibition is a chance for each of them to show their latest achievements.
Project Ability’s Create programme engages with children and young people with disabilities in a wide range of creative activities including visual arts, film and new media. The programme includes evening and weekend workshops, one-off projects, events, film screenings and exhibitions. All of our activities are tailored to the individuals we work with and are fully inclusive. We work with individuals, families, schools, voluntary sector groups and other arts organisations within the target participant age group of 5 – 25 year.
This is a fun exhibition filled with a huge variety of subject matter and styles. An inspiration for artists and art lovers of all ages!
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School