Young Talent 2016 ProjectAbility Trongate 16th August – 24th September, 2016
Exhibition runs 16th August – 24th September, 2016
103 Trongate, G1 5HD
Project Ability welcomes this year’s Young Talent exhibition!
Each year Young Talent showcases and celebrates the artwork created by children and young people from Project Ability’s Create Programme, now in its 16th year. With the artists ranging from 5 years of age up to 28, the work created for this exhibition is diverse and covers all disciplines; sculpture, painting, drawing, textiles, video, printing and more.
We regularly run two groups for our young artists here at our Trongate 103 studios- our Saturday Visual Arts Programme for ages 5-21, and our Art Matters Programme for young people aged 21 – 28. Each of these young artists has their own unique style and this exhibition is a chance for each of them to show their latest achievements.
Project Ability’s Create programme engages with children and young people with disabilities in a wide range of creative activities including visual arts, film and new media. The programme includes evening and weekend workshops, one-off projects, events, film screenings and exhibitions. All of our activities are tailored to the individuals we work with and are fully inclusive. We work with individuals, families, schools, voluntary sector groups and other arts organisations within the target participant age group of 5 – 25 year.
This is a fun exhibition filled with a huge variety of subject matter and styles. An inspiration for artists and art lovers of all ages!
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Brushes With War, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Bathing Bells Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- Young Talent Exhibition, ProjectAbility Glasgow
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Cryptic Sonica in Glasgow 2018 – Portal, Pivot and Visaurihelix
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Summer Show 2018, Ardarden Farm Shop
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend