Yikes Film Club – Brass Eye Tapes
7 April, 2019, 5.30 p.m. – 7.30 p.m.
Additional screening 2 p.m. 4 p.m.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow
Plus Q & A with Director Michael Cumming
‘THESE ARE THE HEADLINES… GOD I WISH THEY WEREN’T’
Presented by Yikes Film Club
Join us at YiKES FIlm Club on the 7th Of April (Located at The Centre For Contemporary Arts (CCA) ) for a night of OG fake news! As we sit back, relax and celebrate the wonderful series that is Brass Eye with the Director himself Michael Cumming!
Not only will we be screening every single Brass Eye Episode but we also have the pleasure of screening: Oxide Ghosts: The Brass Eye Tapes! An intimate documentary by Michael that goes into massive depth about the making of Brass Eye and is made up of never before seen archive footage! Afterwords Michael will be doing a Q&A – spilling beans, shattering myths and letting a few cats out of the bag. This Film/Marathon & Q&A session are a must for fans of the series but will appeal to anyone with a curiosity about how great comedy is made!
Michael Cumming is a director and filmmaker, successfully working at the cutting edge since the ‘90s. A graduate of the Royal College of Art Film School and recipient of an honorary doctorate for his ground breaking television and filmmaking, Dr Cumming’s back catalogue also contains such gems as Jo Brand’s improvised comedy drama ‘Going Forward’, cult classic ‘Snuff Box’, five series of political pranks and polemics on ‘The Mark Thomas Product’ and three series of Matt Berry’s BAFTA winning sitcom, ‘Toast Of London’. Michael is currently working with Stewart Lee on a feature length documentary about Birmingham’s ultimate post-punk survivor Robert Lloyd, and his band of 40 years The Nightingales.
‘Oxide Ghosts offers a well-judged and very rare insight into Brass Eye’s making, encapsulating the fun and covert excitement that went on while the project was still under wraps, before all the legal wrangling kicked in. If you’re an admirer of the show and the opportunity should arise for you to see Oxide Ghosts, have some self re-cocking-spect and do so without hesitation’ – Chortle
All profits will go towards the charity Action On Addiction!
Doors open at 5:30pm!
Introduction by Brass Eye Director Michael Cumming: 6:00pm
Oxide Ghosts: The Brass Eye Tapes: 6:15pm
Director Q&A With Michael Cumming: 7:15pm
Brass Eye Marathon: 8pm
(Please note that Yikes don’t send physical tickets out however you will receive a confirmation email and they will have your name at the door!)
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Yikes Film Club presents Grand Budapest Hotel
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- The Bolshoi Ballet: Carmen Suite / Petrushka Live
- Arctic GFT
- Birds of Passage
- Slow Food Glasgow Food, Class and Transformation in Glasgow
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival Bailando Con Margot: An Encore Screening CCA
- Asbury Park: Riot, Redemption, Rock n Roll GFT
- Donbass GFT
- Submissions Glasgow Film Festival
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- Wild Rose Review Pat Byrne
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- Liam Gallagher: As It Was plus Exclusive Live Satellite Performance
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- 80 Years of Cinema Glasgow Film Theatre
- Vox Lux GFT