Yellow Road Event with Featherwest, Marilyn Carino and Bren Neill, The Glad Cafe, 4 August, 2017
Not to miss with a packed lineup and lots of fun to be had!
The Glad Cafe, 1006A Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow G41 2HG
4 August, 2017
Described as “eccentric indietronica meets wonky pop” admit to “Loving inverted mainstream, and like to romanticise on less comfortable areas of the human condition…We kinda wish we lived in Twin Peaks.”
Featherwest – Iwona Glowinska (synth and vocals), Kev Dunne (guest drums), Ryan Denton (guitar and synth) and were borne of a serendipitous meeting between Iwona and Ryan during the 5am police raid of illegal Soho club Helena Troys.
Her contributions to Mudville’s three critically-acclaimed albums were lauded as “Nina Simone coming back from the dead to front Morcheeba” – her unique, moving voice hailed as “smoldering”, “enchanting” and “otherworldly”.
Her song “Wicked” won a 2008 Independent Music Award for best song. Marilyn’s songs have also been featured in the SyFy series “Regenesis” and in the feature films “Slutty Summer”, “Going Down in LaLa Land”, and “Someone Else”.
After spending the past three years touring relentlessly as a Taiko Drummer, Multi-Instrumentalist and singer songwriter Bren Neill has now taken time out to focus on his own solo project.
Taking influence from the likes of Tool, Jeff Buckley, Dolly Parton and John Cage, his original songs are just as eclectic as the experiences that were responsible for their creation.
- The Italian Job GFT
- Class of 1984 | Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Sleepless in Seattle, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Late Night GFT
- Balloon GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Chicago Websters Theatre
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Ceilidh Dances at Cottiers, West End Festival 2019
- Carers’ Week 2019
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Last Tango In Little Titwood West End Festival
- Wilton Street Garden Fete