Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ok, in my view it's excessive.  It's bonkers. It just doesn't make sense! -  but there is also something magical about it beneath the tat, the glitter and badly executed Christmas dinners.

Whatever your faith, whatever your beliefs; peace and happiness to you and yours over the Christmas period and a Happy New year when it comes.

Harper x

Thanks, harper.  Hope you've recovered, tig.

I love Christmas, and it's my birthday the same week and  although I'm going to be sixty-nine, I'll still be excited.
We're particularly lucky because we see lots of wee ones over Christmas and that's great.  I'll see five of my great nieces, my grandson, his big sister and his new wee brother. We're blessed.

Happy Christmas, Everyone.

p.s. Of course, we'll go to see Star Wars. :)

After I have done the fa la la la la ing bit I'll be on a fast train home on New Year's day, for a few days, to see pals and someone of particular interest - that's all I am saying. ;)

Harper junior is aghast that his mammy will not be here to cook his New Year's dinner - he's 25!  - but there is a wee lassie travelling in the opposite direction from Merseyside into London to keep him company.

Life is good xxx

I've had a big family cook in with the family round on Sunday and then our new baby came with big brother and sister for lunch yesterday.  I'm taking it easy at Christmas. I might by a trifle and I saw some Prosecco jelly that I fancied. :)

Anyone else with exciting plans?

We are having a quiet Christmas; just me, the wean, a friend, a stuffed duck and bubbly.   I am in charge of cooking, so I will be very grumpy until it is all done.  In the last few years, our family unit has changed and we are now an all adult household.   We have made a new Christmas; it's smaller and quieter and I look forward to the day when there are grandchildren and Father Christmas comes back to visit us .  No pressure, son. :P

Tonight we're going to visit our friends who have three children. The youngest is ten now so I don't know that Santa will feature. It used to be that he would come to the door. One of the adults usually spotted him in the garden and then we would go to the door and he would hand out sweets for the children and dance in the garden. Never said a word but what great excitement.

Merry Christmas everyone! Have just prepped all the veg and we're just about to put the beef in the oven. Yes, beef! We don't do turkey as we eat a lot of it through the year anyway. We've got all the veg peelings simmering away in a pot to make stock too. We're gonna fry off cabbage and sprouts with pancetta, and we are making roasties not just from potatoes but butternut squash, parsnip, carrot and sweet potato too :) YUM!!

At last some decent Christmas telly...  BBC4 9pm Monday December 28th - Michael Palin:  In Search of Artimesa Gentilesci.

Watched Catherine Tate's Nan last night - top festive telly so far ...

What's everyone else watching?

Life is fine. Made redundant a few months ago but recently started a new job.

Grandad for the second time.

Keeping busy with my writing group and just finished proof-reading and editing our latest anthology.

I still think about Glasgow and the West End and I have many very good memories.

Hope all is good with everyone.

Merry Christmas to all, mine has been great, today picked up the mail and a photae of the newest great grand-daughter which means the girl count is six and the boy count is five; but with eighteen grandchildren the counts might be higher but they dinnae tell us everything.

Five degrees today and we are over the first freezing rain.

Merry Christmas to you, Tamd.   We're having a bit of weather ourselves here in the UK, lots of flooding in the north of England and power cuts in Wales.  Time to keep cozy and busy, I would think - given the family headcount.  Take care of yourself. :D

Good to hear from you, Gladtae, and hope your new job goes well.  Lovely to hear about your grandchild.  Don't be a stranger. Pat x

Happy Christmas, Tam. Congratulations to you too on your growing family.

The rain is hellish. You wonder how Holland keeps their country safe from the sea and the UK struggles with the rain.  Wee bit of change in approach and big investment needed. Urgently.