Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

St Enoch Hotel and Station

I used to go to the St Enochs' hotel in the '60s.It was a bit on the faded grandeur side by then,but it's a tragedy it was demolished as the workmanship inside and out was lovely.

The row of shops below was very nice, and if you look there is a hairdressers called Beti,and the eponymous Beti Reilley,hairstylist, is still going strong in Bath St.,looking just as glam. as she did in those days.She is probably the last legendary stylists from those times still working.

I only vaguely remember the shops, Willie, but I do remember the lovely architecture of the building. I absolutely agree – a tragedy that it was demolished.  I certainly remember Beti Reilly. Among the names of prestigious Glasgow hairdressers.  I just heard recently that Robert Hely is 85. I was in absolute awe of him – another fabulous hairdresser.

Ha ha. I know what you mean, Canny Lass. I'm sure there are plenty of people don't even know there's an entrance there and walk round to Argyle Street.