Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

The Election

Ticked him off and ducked the issue ..... ordinary people suffering in the south, too.

Chuckling at the idea of La Sturgeon keeping Miliband honest - she'll flatten him. :lol:

Skull duggery afoot over leaked memo....

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/sturgeon-calls-for-inquiry-into-govt-memo-leak/ar-AAaqIRj?ocid=UP97DHP

Heavens – the story about somebody told somebody and the an 'official' letter arrived on the desk of the Torygraph. Twitter has been hilarious with all the Labour politicians and bloggers deleting their gleeful tweets. Miliband too naive to see that the attempted smear – or as he says ' the reveleations' will only encourage SNP supporters, including the additional 2200 sine he debate, dig their heels in.

I doubt the French diplomats ain't going to be too chuffed either. Pathetic non-story.

The cheers today in George Square at the CND rally were louder than ever when Nicola Sturgeon appeared.

https://www.facebook.com/theSNP

Look out for the political awakening of the English Northern regions against the pathetic austerity models peddled by the tories (red and blue). Voting pacts between Scotland, Wales and the English Northern regions might just rattle mondeo-man and middle England from their blind slavery to a two party system that works only to maintain the two-party system

Labour or Tory, I honestly don't know which is worse in this election. I can't vote for Milliband... never voted Tory in my life ...and I am certainly not voting Green... UKIP will never get my vote.

No one with a cat's chance. I think, unfortunately, Farage, is the independent. I wish he would campaign to alleviate the very real pressures on public services in a more positive light. I think he is the only one with a real handle on what is being served up as real economy growth but everything else he says just leaves most fair minded folks cold.

Nicola Sturgeon was outstanding. Took them on and spelt it out and that's why the smear campaign followed. She's put the wind up them. The women were the best. They are giving the Westminster establishment a shake up and its long overdue.

Shame she's no standing for election. Too much wind and not enough detail, IMV. Nobody wants austerity but how do they propose to tackle the deficit, exactly? We need a Wu(man) with a plan that protects the poor and vulnerable, creates jobs and a more equitable society, without alienating entrepreneurs and businesses.

Still numb after watching what can only be described as bizarre in the extreme Politics Scotland 'leaders debate' which consisted of a poor poor BBC chairman and Sturgeon, Murphy, Rennie and Dividson. The format consisted of the chairman throwing questions at Sturgeon and her being haranged and talked over by the other 3 when she went to answer. Sturgeon would then be tag team attacked by the labour, tory and lib dem and interrupted in every response by the chair. Quite the most apalling thing I have seen on a so called 'political programme'.

1,000 people joined the SNP after that 'leaders debate'

Well done Jim Murphy, the best recruiting sergeant the SNP could ever have

That's the BBC bias for you, samsc. Remembering Jackie Bird's interviews in the run up to the Referendum I'm not surprised.

London Labour party slapping Jim Murphy down from a great height. You do not set policy we do, and the London Labour party will be continuing with austerity.

I heard there was another debate last night. I heard the women dominated?

Not quite Pat, Ed did much better, Nicola was very good, but the Welsh lass was poorer, looked nervous. The Aussie lady did better (but came last in the polls - I think her accent grates). but Nigel got a doing (yet came second/third in some polls).

Ed was better but looked a bit henpecked.

I thought Wood was good.

Sturgeon looked tierd and thinner but sounded good for Scotland but no one South of the border is really convinced by talk of working for the good for the whole of the UK. The fight for independence is still ringing in the lugs of many....

Farage is the only one who talks about the true picture of the deficit and has a credible plan for house building on brown fill sites.

Bennett has nice plans but is breathtakingly naïve.... stuck somewhere between Narnia and Pluto. Rob the rich and feed the poor and ban keeping rabbits in cages.... hmm

As the Indy put it so well today; we are heading for Coalition Chaos...

I've read some of the polls and seems that Ed did pretty well. Nicola, of course, miles ahead of anyone else in Scotland. Leanne Wood didn't get too many votes but I think she's a cracker.

Sadly the problem I had with the last debate is that I'm starting to get a bit bored by the same old questions and the same old answers. I'm in no need to be convinced about how I will vote - as I've already decided. I did watch the Andrew Marr interview of Nicola Sturgeon at the weekend and I thought she did well.

https://youtu.be/OwYQwcp6JNI

Jimbo

Thanks, Jimbo. Enjoyed that. Good to have things laid out so clearly.

I think Nicola Sturgeon has come across well in the debates but you cannot vote for her. It looks as though Farage has lost support and that could mean more seat for the Conservatives.’

rory

She's certainly having some impact – the most dangerous woman in Britain. I thought that was that Katie person. I've got a lot of catching up to do when I get back. :-)

The whole thing is a mess. Maybe somebody needs to tell Ms Sturgeon that she isn't running the country..... yet. :lol: