Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
samscafeamericain

Christmas Dinner

so what are you all having?

Numerous friends not having poultry this year and going for Lamb or Beef.

We don't do Turkey (don't like it) so its usually a big corn fed chicken for us.

Does anyone remember Capons ? That was my mother's poultry of choice for Christmas dinner. Seemingly, a Capon is a ....eh.....gelded cockerel. Now, who the blazes has that in their job description?

Duck! No, I'm not skitin' a capon leg passed yur lug... duck, as in quack quack.

I haven't done a thing for Christmas .. ho hum.. deep breath, in we go. :rolleyes:

Duck! No, I'm not skitin' a capon leg passed yur lug... duck, as in quack quack.

I haven't done a thing for Christmas .. ho hum.. deep breath, in we go. :rolleyes:

Aye, get crackin', harper.

My house is a mess with presents and unwritten cards. But not much more to buy. We are off to our friends for Veggie Christmas Dinner as usual. It's always delicious. :)

We're probably going to have lamb or beef here too. We do like our roast dinners here :lol: And then lots of cheese and wine :D

Roll on Boxing Day! lol

What are you having to eat on Boxing Day, harper? :)

Seabass is delightful. Jim will have lemon sole on Christmas Day. Haddock just would be wrong.

I am doing the cooking. It will be turkey, stuffing, ham with honey sauce, roast potatoes, brussell sprouts and roasted parsnips, carrots and onion. For dessert christmas pudding and brandy sauce. I'll get the pudding from the supermarket.

I am bored with the whole thing. The hoose is all twinkly but the cupboards are bare. .... just about to hit Sainsbury's..... should have booked one of those delivery things ... :lol:

I am bored with the whole thing. The hoose is all twinkly but the cupboards are bare. .... just about to hit Sainsbury's..... should have booked one of those delivery things ... :lol:

I'll see my eight great nieces so that makes me happy.

We settled on beef. Got a big chunk to roast. We make roast veggies as well as tatties. We generally make parsnip, carrot, butternut squash and sweet potato. We do them the same way as roast spuds, par boil, drain then bash them in the pot and put them in the oven with pre-heated goose fat. Deeeeeeeeelishious! We generally don't do pudding but have cheese and wine instead. We eat a lighter dinner on boxing day and have a big pudding after that :D

Sounds good, lynnski. Hope you are all set. Have fun everyone. x

Grim and tragic times, world wide but lots to be thankful for too. I hope the spirit of Christmas finds it's way to you and yours tonight. Merry Christmas. x<3 x

I was overwhelmed to hear of the homeless guy who spent his last two quid buying flowers to lay down at George Square. A dear friend of mine worked voluntarily at the City Mission providing 160 homeless men and women with a Christmas dinner and presents. The City Mission also opened its doors to house people over the winter at night. Thank God for these wonderful people

It's difficult to comprehend how there can be so many homeless people when the shops are raking in millions. We live in a very strange world.