Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Veronica

BBC Bias

I thought the BBC was supposed to be impartial. Did any of you watch Alex Salmond's press conference yesterday.Salmond presented himself well and got tore into Nick Robinson. But he got him back later in the News giving a completely different version of events. It's nearly wall to wall Better Together.Don't know how they get away with it.

its been disgusting, the bias, the lack of balance and indeed the lack of challenge of Better Together. Its policy of repeat the Better Together lie ad naseum has been a long term project.

I think the attitude of some of the presenters is appalling. Jackie Bird is particularly obnoxious. Very snide and sneering.

That's funny, tig.

Notice there was no mention of Farage's visit in the News. It would have been well covered if he'd been hit with an egg. The BT Campaign would have made great use of any indication of a stoochie.

Protest today at Pacific Quay. Apparently they have been inundated with complaints.

Reported on BBC as 400. James Cook, BBC good guy – put Ruth Davidson right. 'I received the email – I didn't ask for it'.

A Yes voter popped up so they cut the feed. This was at the huge Yes rally in Buchanan Street, where Jane Hill could only find No voters to interview

BBC journos also starting the 'terrible intimidation' by YES campaign, which has gleefully been picked up and ran with by the other TV channels.

Seemingly those protestors made up of elderly couples with wee dugs wearing tartan coats and families with their weans in pushchairs required the BBC at Pacific Quay to fly in Kate Adie

It would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic and such an affront to democracy

Yes, all you hear about is the yobbish Yes voters. I was at George Square today, mobbed with Yes supportes from babies to the auld yins. I spoke to two policemen and they said there 'had been no trouble in the square'. It's been mobbed all week.

Wall to wall Better Together today on the telly. Elaine C Smith on now in Perth, where it is looking good. So hope Sgriob is there.

Any ideas on what the content of the BBC's 'How the Referendum was Won' on Wednesday night.

It will surely cover something about the bias and the remarkable alliance between Labour and the Tories. Probably also something about the volatility of the oil. Anything else?

There will be no mention of Better Together campaigners phoning Pensioners and telling them they would lose their pension and phoning EU immigrants and telling them they would be deported, oh no sirree, nothing to see here.

However, look out for an egg .....flung by an ex labour party friend of Murphy who actually fell out with him on twitter

There will be no mention of Better Together campaigners phoning Pensioners and telling them they would lose their pension and phoning EU immigrants and telling them they would be deported, oh no sirree, nothing to see here.

However, look out for an egg .....flung by an ex labour party friend of Murphy who actually fell out with him on twitter

Yes, I was so delighted that Jo Coburn was away her holidays just after the egg incident. She was so encouraging of Jim Murphy's fantasies when she was interviewing him when he was on his 'the streets are not safe' gig. She kept saying 'so is there something sinister going on?' Building up the sensation about hee haw.

Blair Jenkins is pretty diplomatic, saying that the BBC didn't have a co-ordinated plan of bias but just took the lead from the newspapers.

They think they can subdue us now that the Referendum is over and that's that. Let them carry on and the more they ignore the Scottish people the more they will rise up. I think there must be some No voters out there who are slightly irked. Good link Pat. Alex Salmond spells it out to another smug broadcaster. I watched Lesley Riddoch last night on Scotland Today and she said much the same. Nigel Farage had a programme dedicated to him. I hope Scottish viewers ignored this. He is getting far too much airtime.My dander is up.

I try to catch Lesley Riddoch whenever I can, CL. I think throughout the Referendum discussions that she has been one of the outstanding commentators and last night she was particularly on the ball. She made a good point about the broadcasters being paid well to address problems,

It's also true what she says about the shifting political arena when it is no longer simply a two horse race at Westminster. She suggested that there could be as many as 26 SNP seats at Westminster. Not completely out of the question. That would be some shakeup.

It's amazing the amount of coverage Farage gets in the media and on the telly. Not even an MP. He must be loving it.