Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Dino's Sauchiehall Street

I'm very sad, and expect a lot of others will be too; Dino's closes on Monday. The Italian Bistro has been a popular meeting and eating place in the city centre since 1966. I go there often with my son and grandson after, or before, a trip to Cineworld.

It's going to be a bank.

I am too Pat.So sad and its the pasta track to my teenage years.I don't get back until Monday night,but would have loved one last capo.,and a doughnut.The only remaining bit from the 60s was the little orange tiled bit above the booths which held the condiments.I am all nostalgic now thinking about going home and telling the mammie and daddie in the 60's that I had a lasagne for my dinner with my pals,and my dad turning his face up and asking if that was foreign muck,then him going off on one re.his war years in France and how the polluted everything with garlic.

We had our last pizzas at Dino's, willie. It was a brilliant atmosphere but sad too. Can't believe it's going to be a bank!!! I'm also missing Cafe Cosmo. No idea why they closed that as we have an extra sixty seat cinema but the cafe was a meeting place and choice for a coffee for shoppers and lots of people not going to the cinema. But once they were in, as I often did, you would see a film you fancied.

Mark one of the Singleton's, who used to own the Cosmo, died last week.

Not happy about seeing it shut. What can you do. Nothing.,

It'll be badly missed, CL