Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Hingmie

Helicopter crash in Glasgow

Just read on a BBC Scotland news report that there has been a helicopter crash near the Clutha Vaults in Glasgow city centre. I am hoping n praying that there are not many casualties.

1. Wounded being taken to #Glasgow Victoria Infirmary and Southern General, police tell me. Wounded in double figures. People still trapped

2. Rescue efforts in full operation. Given an incident of this scale we must all prepare ourselves for the likelihood of fatalities #Clutha

3. My father telling me barstaff and customers didn't run away but formed a human chain to pass out the injured #Clutha

Ye, seems hopeful if they don't need immediate hospital admit but how traumatic that must be for those involved, even if they are not actually physically injured.

Friends reports on facebook, looks like the helicopter crew may be dead. The copter went straight into the roof. Absolutely terrifying thought, god only knows how I'd cope in a situation like that. Thoughts go out to everyone involved.

You have to be really thankful the Clutha is in an area that doesn't attract the real large numbers of young folks that hit the pubs and clubs of a Friday night otherwise the list of fatalities could be so so much more

Some are in hospital. Hope the death toll doesn't rise but Sky could have it right.

It's just so sad. You go to a pub for a night out and meet with a disaster. Apparently there are still people trapped. Terrifying. One of Glasgow's most popular pubs. We'll probably all have been there at one time or another and know musicians who've performed there.

Gosh, what would be the odds on that happening... it's just so tragic.

I've had texts from friends, as far afield as Texas. saying that they hope me and mine are ok. Their geography may be well off but their hearts are in the right place tonight, as are many others.

I can't believe there are still people in the building. The news reports are so sad.

So sorry to hear of the tragic news from Glasgow. Xx

Good to hear from you, Gayle. Everyone is stunned.

A 16 year old arrested and appearing in court for making sectarian and racists comments about the tragedy on twitter. What drives such sick wee minds

A devastating event. When something like this happens you feel that Glasgow is a small city as everyone knows someone affected by the disaster.