Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Southside Fringe - The Glad Cafe

Jim Byrne in the Glad Cafe at the Southside Fringe on Sunday 26th May (i.e. this Sunday).

"I was playing there only a few weeks ago and it was great night. It is a great venue to see music in; just the right size and it has a good atmosphere.

Here's the full line-up and details:

The Carlton Jug Band, Kevin Young & Jim Byrne @ the Glad Cafe

Suitability: 18+
Start: 8pm – 11pm
Venue 14: The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, G41 2HG
Tickets: £5 on Door

I'm looking forward to meeting up with The Carlton Jug Band. A brilliant band; if you've not seen them yourself you are in for a treat. Not forgetting of course the talented Kev Young who has been making a name for himself - as an emerging talent.

Hope to see you there.

All the best,
Jim"

Was a brilliant night last time. The Glad Cafe is fantastic. We really need something similar in the West End. Great sound system and brilliant atmosphere but much more than that. Really super food, home made, not expensive and very pleasant staff. It's a gem of a place.

Really looking forward to the gig tonight. Not just because Jim is playing but The Glad Cafe is a brilliant venue, Crawford Smith an exceptional host and the other acts, The Carlton Jug Band and Kev Young, are the cream of Glasgow's Americana. :)