Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

University of Glasgow - Consultation Campus Development

Views are sought on the future of the campus as part of estates strategy consultation

25th February 2013

Hillhead Library, Byres Road. Drop in anytime between 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.

Opportunities to define the biggest redevelopment of the University campus since it moved to Gilmorehill in 1870 are beginning to take shape. The acquisition of the Western Infirmary site provides a unique chance to reshape the campus and provide modern, fit for purpose facilities and offer an exciting vision for the future for students, staff and the local community.

Views are sought regarding what this vision should be.

You can hear more of this at this informal drop-in event where members of the estates strategy team will be available.

Commens can be recorded and posted in the comments box on the day. This is the first of s series of consultation events due to take place in 2013 on the Campus Development Framework.

Further information: esates-strategy@glasgow.ac.uk

Telephone: 0141 330 6000

http://www.glasgow.a...mpusdevelopment

• 2 weeks later...

They've 'acquired' the Western? I take it that means it's definitely shutting down? It would be good to use it as a teaching hospital. I shall definitely be going in for a look at these plans. :)

I think the Western closure has been on the cards for a long time, lynnski. How the traffic is going to be managed at Gartnavel God knows. They'll need to get find a genius in the Council that can solve the problem of the big puddle that reduces traffic to one lane around once a month.