Pat Byrne

Glasgow West End: Pat's Guide

Glasgow West End: Pat's Guide is a community site promoting this brilliant part of Glasgow. Find out what's on locally, learn about the restaurants, shops, pubs, galleries (including Kelvingrove), the architecture, people, places, live music and lots more.

Search Pat's Guide

Rennie Mackintosh unbuilt buildings exhibition in Hunterian Gallery

Pat's Glasgow West End Blog

March 17, 2024

St Columbs House B&B, Buncrana, Co Donegal review Pat Byrne

St Columbs Luxury B & B, St Mary’s Road, Buncrana, Co Donegal, Ireland To book: Telephone: 00 353 (0)87 4526696 or  email [email protected] Book online stcolumbshouse.com/ My husband Jim and I  recently spent a few days visiting my relatives in Buncrana in Inishowen, Co. Donegal.  I had a lot of catching up to do and time […]

St Columbs Luxury B & B

Read the full story: St Columbs House B&B, Buncrana, Co Donegal review Pat Byrne

March 15, 2024

Book Launch: For Auld Intensive Purposes by Jim Monaghan

Sunday 17 March, 2024 New wee book by Jim Monaghan  “For Auld Intensive Purposes”. The Rum Shack,  657-659 Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow G41 2AB Join Jim Monaghan and friends for the launch of his latest collection of poems For Auld Intensive Purposes. The show features live sets from Jim and guest poet Claire Torrance, a Q&A […]

for auld intensive purposes jim monaghan

Read the full story: Book Launch: For Auld Intensive Purposes by Jim Monaghan

March 15, 2024

Exhibition: Eastern Ground

Monday 25th March 2024 – Friday 3rd May 2024 Glasgow City Heritage Trust, 54 Bell St, Glasgow, G1 1LQ Glasgow City Heritage Trust are thrilled to announce that this spring they will be hosting the Eastern Ground exhibition.  The Eastern Ground project saw the creation of six stunning handmade garments which celebrate the heritage and people […]

Eastern Ground the Kibble

Read the full story: Exhibition: Eastern Ground

March 14, 2024

Creative Conversations: Preti Taneja

Monday, 18 March, 2024 at 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. Glasgow University Memorial Chapel, University Avenue, Glasgow G12 8QQ Free Event – Register at EventBrite Preti Taneja in Conversation Preti Taneja is a writer and activist. Her debut novel WE THAT ARE YOUNG (Galley Beggar Press, 2017) is a translation of Shakespeare’s King Lear, set in […]

Preti Taneja

Read the full story: Creative Conversations: Preti Taneja

March 11, 2024

First Ever National Black Pudding Day

Monday, 18 March, 2024 Scotland’s black pudding butchers spearhead celebration of peasant staple fare to superfood First ever National Black Pudding Day served up in Scotland Scotland’s current Black Pudding Champion calls for same acclaim as haggis Search begins for Scotland’s best Black Pudding butchers Butchers throughout Scotland are ramping up production of the nation’s […]

black pudding day

Read the full story: First Ever National Black Pudding Day

March 11, 2024

Audience Award Glasgow Film Festival 2024

The Home Game Icelandic football film The Home Game scoops prestigious Audience Award on closing night of Glasgow Film Festival Smari Gunn and Logi Sigursveinsson’s documentary  about plucky underdogs Reynir FC’s bid for Cup glory scored the highest audience score in the Award’s 10-year history Other films shortlisted for the Award, sponsored by MUBI, included […]

The Home Game

Read the full story: Audience Award Glasgow Film Festival 2024

March 10, 2024

The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End

53 Cresswell Street, Off Byres Road, Glasgow West End G12 8AE 0141 334 4240 The Nancy Smillie Shop – see the complete collection Nancy Smillie Instagram Lovely Gifts at The Nancy Smillie Shop     Add Some Drama With Wonderful Ayala Bar Jewellery See full collection A Touch of Luxury There’s nothing quite like velvet […]

Scottie dog doorstop

Read the full story: The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End

March 9, 2024

How Do We Talk About Knives – Scottish Writers Centre

7pm Friday 15th March 2024 Contemporary writers in Scotland on names, language and identity CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street,  Glasgow G2 3JD Please join the co-editors Rebecca Sharp, Samina Chaudhry and Marcas Mac an Tuairneir, along with writers Carrie Marshall, Xinyi Jiang, Ngan Nguyen and Christie Williamson, for the Glasgow launch of this new anthology exploring […]

How Do We Talk About Knives

Read the full story: How Do We Talk About Knives – Scottish Writers Centre

March 8, 2024

10 Years In The Baking – ProjectAbility

16th March – 20th April, 2024 Project Ability, 103 Trongate, Glasgow, G1 5HD (Opening hours are 11am – 5pm,  (Wednesdays – Saturdays, closed Easter Friday).) The Joint Creativity “10 Years in the Baking” exhibition, hosted by the charities Versus Arthritis and Project Ability, is set to open in Glasgow and will display artwork created by […]

spoons

Read the full story: 10 Years In The Baking – ProjectAbility

March 8, 2024

John Muir Way. Part 1.

John Muir John Muir is well known as the Father of America’s National Parks. His activism helped to preserve the Yosemite Valley and Sequoia National Park. His example has served as an inspiration for the preservation of many other Wilderness areas. He was born in Dunbar on the east coast of Scotland on April 21, […]

sign post john muir

Read the full story: John Muir Way. Part 1.

March 4, 2024

Dracula – Gaslamp Theatre at Cottiers

Performances on 4th, 5th and 6th March, 2024 Cottiers, 93 – 95 Hyndland Street, Glasgow G11 “I think strange things, which I dare not confess, even to my own soul.” Gaslamp Theatre presents Dracula, in a new adaptation by Rebecca Russell. Based on Bram Stoker’s 1897 novel, this production confronts issues of power and sexual […]

Dracula

Read the full story: Dracula – Gaslamp Theatre at Cottiers

March 3, 2024

Bleeding Love – GFF24 review by Pat Byrne

Bleeding Love is a road trip movie starring Ewan McGregor and his daughter Clara. They play father and daughter taking a trip together from San Diego to New Mexico after the daughter has experienced a drug overdose. It’s a long drive to where they are going, apparently to see an artist friend, and the two […]

Bleeding Love

Read the full story: Bleeding Love – GFF24 review by Pat Byrne

March 3, 2024

Mika & Me Optical Studios Glasgow

56 Park Road, Glasgow, G4 9JF Tel: 0141 413 5393 Email: [email protected] Mother’s Day Special Win designer glasses or sunglasses for your mum – up to £400.  Free entry on Instagram Fizz and Fun all Mother’s Day Weekend at Mika and Me 10 and 11 March.   Innovation meets elegance at Mika and Me Mika and Me’s […]

Fendi sunglasses

Read the full story: Mika & Me Optical Studios Glasgow

March 2, 2024

The Burning Season GFF 2024

3 and 4 March, 2024 The story of a long-running love affair linked to an incident from the past unspools backwards to reveal its secrets in a twisty tale of a bad romance. Married couple Alena (Sara Canning) and Tom (Joe Pingue) have been visiting the Luna Lake cabins every summer for years. This year […]

the burning season poster

Read the full story: The Burning Season GFF 2024

March 2, 2024

Tickets on sale Glasgow Film Festival 2024

28 February – March, 2024 The wait is over! You’ve had a few days to soak up GFF24’s jam packed programme, and been on the edge of your seats and biting your nails waiting for your chance to snag those tickets. GFF is thrilled to announce that the full programme general sale is now live! […]

GFF2024

Read the full story: Tickets on sale Glasgow Film Festival 2024

Copyright Glasgow Westend 2009 thru 2017

Contact Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End | About Pat Byrne | Privacy Policy | Design by Jim Byrne Website Design