Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Lou

does anyone remember Harry Prendergast?

Hello, I posted the following last year and am doing so again in the hope that someone can help. Thanks!

I am a west end artist, researching the life of my father, Harry Prendergast, now deceased. Harry was jamaican and a larger than life character in Glasgow's west end from the late 60s until the early 70s. We lived in West End Park Street, off Woodlands road, and previously in Belmont Street, Park Road and Athole Gardens. Harry can best be described as a 'gangster' but was very charismatic. I suppose he will have made many friends and enemies in Glasgow. I would be so grateful to hear from anyone who knew him or my mother, Roby (Roberta) Stewart, also deceased. They were the ultimate party couple, I have been told, and Harry also had something to do with a club in Sauchiehall Street called 'The Revolution'. Does anyone know it, went there? remember any West Indians going there? I would love to know more about those days in Glasgow, when I was just a little girl.

Any information about the Glasgow 'underworld' at the time can be given in strict confidence.

'Any information about the Glasgow 'underworld' at the time can be given in strict confidence.'

Ah tell you Strathclyde Polis are getting sneaky :-)