Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Just watching a programme on The One Show about libraries being closed and discussion regarding volunteers running libraries - including Chalfont Library in Bucks. Be right up Cameron's street but what on earth are things coming to? I've seen libraries start out as being run by committed volunteers and then the council building and running a much needed resource - for example, <Buncrana Library in Co Donegal. It's shocking that these resources are being closed.

These days the public use libraries to access computers, borrow DVDs and CD as well as books. Once again it's the less well off who will suffer not to mention highly qualified librarians whose jobs are disappearing.

I was disappointed to see Melvin Bragg on the television not kicking up a stir about the idea of volunteers operating libraries.

That's because Melvin Bragg's a ****ing ****er, a posh bar-steward who pretends to care about the arts and culture, but in reality doesn't care if/how it impacts on us normal people.

That's because Melvin Bragg's a ****ing ****er, a posh bar-steward who pretends to care about the arts and culture, but in reality doesn't care if/how it impacts on us normal people.

He was a bit smirky.

Lynnski, stand for public office, please: I will vote for you. biggrin.gif

Lynnski, stand for public office, please: I will vote for you. biggrin.gif

Haha, sorry Hamsterbert, I've only just noticed this! Glad to know I have at least one potential voter for my future political career. B)

Haha, sorry Hamsterbert, I've only just noticed this! Glad to know I have at least one potential voter for my future political career. B)

You'll need to show me your manifesto. :lol:

You'll need to show me your manifesto. :lol:

Best get writing one then! :lol: