Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Hi guys i went to the new exhibition at the Hidden Lane Gallery on argyle street. Its worth a look, quite an interesting story behind the collection of work and the artist herself had quite a life. I wont spoil the story....

Its open tues / sat 11-5. And of course you can pop round and visit me after :) Pete

here is a link to the gallery site Gallery

Hi guys i went to the new exhibition at the Hidden Lane Gallery on argyle street. Its worth a look, quite an interesting story behind the collection of work and the artist herself had quite a life. I wont spoil the story....

Its open tues / sat 11-5. And of course you can pop round and visit me after :) Pete

Finnieston is well worth a visit these days, Pete, and the exhibition sounds interesting. I saw some of your own work on display in The Hidden Lane Cafe. Is it still there?

Aye still up, mean to get in early this week and switch them round for some newer items as I have been making a lot this week. It was really noticeable last week when the sun arrived the lane sprung into life, doors open, people chatting.... a fair change from jan / feb. Roll on summer.

What a beautiful story, gilliesglass. Is it possible to see her paintings anywhere?

Apart from at the Hidden Lane Gallery I don't think so. She did exhibit in her life time at various levels so I guess anything that exists is in private collections, I don't think she was well known enough for anything to be in likes of a museum. The exhibit is mostly drawings and sketches plans for paintings, but some private folk have loaned some paintings to the exhibit so there are a few.

What a beautiful story, gilliesglass. Is it possible to see her paintings anywhere?

Apart from at the Hidden Lane Gallery I don't think so. She did exhibit in her life time at various levels so I guess anything that exists is in private collections, I don't think she was well known enough for anything to be in likes of a museum. The exhibit is mostly drawings and sketches plans for paintings, but some private folk have loaned some paintings to the exhibit so there are a few.

I have worked in Finnieston for 9 years and only went down the Hidden Lane last week for the first time, I had lunch in the tearoom, but didn't have time to see what else is there, I noticed they are not very well signed.

I have worked in Finnieston for 9 years and only went down the Hidden Lane last week for the first time, I had lunch in the tearoom, but didn't have time to see what else is there, I noticed they are not very well signed.

I think that's what happens when we're rushing, Maggs. We miss so much scurrying by. The Hidden Lane is one of Glasgow's treasures and I love the idea of all these artisans, like Pete, creating beautiful objects behind those brightly coloured walls.