Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
samscafeamericain

Tips for Single women

Good for the firefighters.

Women soldiers seem to be featuring in the

beauty contests these days. There was another one on the Graham Norton Show recently.

I want to know if that 1938 restaurant still exists. She looked as though she was having the best fun. :lol:

You do know that picture was not taken during the bombing of Pearl Harbour? Unfortunately it was a training session picture which was then 'iconed' for propoganda purposes.

"Unfortuunately" What is unfortunate about a photograph of feamle fire fighters? Does it not fit in with your vision of womenhood?

You'll be telling me next that this was posed. WW2_Iwo_Jima_flag_raising.jpg

"Unfortuunately" What is unfortunate about a photograph of feamle fire fighters? Does it not fit in with your vision of womenhood?

You'll be telling me next that this was posed. WW2_Iwo_Jima_flag_raising.jpg

There you go again transferring your isms to others. Professional help is but a phone call away.

The 'unfortunate' thing is what these women did do during very dangerous times is undermined by these falsehoods. That picture should have been celebrated for what it was rather than being spun as 'during the bombing of Pearl Harbour'. I suppose the concept of truth is difficult for labourites and unionists to get their heads around. You stick to the petty and the pedantic, it will cover up your shortcomings.

What's a feamle?

;-)

If you can't figure that typo out you're in trouble, tig. :rolleyes:

There you go again transferring your isms to others. Professional help is but a phone call away.

The 'unfortunate' thing is what these women did do during very dangerous times is undermined by these falsehoods. That picture should have been celebrated for what it was rather than being spun as 'during the bombing of Pearl Harbour'. I suppose the concept of truth is difficult for labourites and unionists to get their heads around. You stick to the petty and the pedantic, it will cover up your shortcomings.

What "ism" are you on about? You signposted a patronising view of women hood which was out of date in 1938 and then you you condescendingly feel obliged to point out that a photograph of female fire fighters was not actually taken during the bombing of Pearl Harbour.

I look forward to your next statement of the bleedin' obvious linking to page 3 of the Scottish Nationalist Sun suggesting that the photographs might exaggerate certain natural features.

What "ism" are you on about? You signposted a patronising view of women hood which was out of date in 1938 and then you you condescendingly feel obliged to point out that a photograph of female fire fighters was not actually taken during the bombing of Pearl Harbour.

I look forward to your next statement of the bleedin' obvious linking to page 3 of the Scottish Nationalist Sun suggesting that the photographs might exaggerate certain natural features.

Oh dear God. Dex man, get help. Find your irony button, press it. Find the corn cob, extract it.

The single women I know are always giving me tips that includes a)shave more often b)find a cure for snoring c)go clubbing d) learn to dance. I am a good listener so I listen to everything they say. Apparently a sense of humour is the most desirable quality they seek. Watch out Dex and Sam.

The single women I know are always giving me tips that includes a)shave more often b)find a cure for snoring c)go clubbing d) learn to dance. I am a good listener so I listen to everything they say. Apparently a sense of humour is the most desirable quality they seek. Watch out Dex and Sam.

:lol:

Got to agree, rory, there's nothing to beat a good listener and a sense of humour is indeed an attractive attribute.

Oh dear God. Dex man, get help. Find your irony button, press it. Find the corn cob, extract it.

What irony? You're just not funny despite every smiley you signal with. Eck's funnier than you and that's saying some thing.

What irony? You're just not funny despite every smiley you signal with. Eck's funnier than you and that's saying some thing.

Dex, you stick in son, I'll get someone to explain irony to you.

Tips from long suffering wives - use diversionary tactics. Change the subject. :lol:

I find slinging them a deafy works wonders ... :lol:

:lol:

Certainly a good tactic with attention seekers.