Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Stolen statue Kelvingrove

Sam I always look it up before I cause you some embarrassment for your fabled claims. In your senility and focus for a so called independent Scotland you half remembered that some paintings which had disappeared in the 1990s were rediscovered and returned to display.

Embarrassment?? Oh son you need to get yourself a past-time :lol:

Don't go by everything Wikipedia says, Dex. And samsc is way too young to be called senile. I'm in charge of all senility on here. :lol:

I've no idea why you mentioned Wikipedia but here's the story that Sam saw and forgot the full details when he said

"Didn't someone walk out the door with a painting last year?"

BBC News

Of course in a so called independent Scotland we'll have the SBC to inform us. One wonders how much the license fee will be then. Same as England, Wales and Northern Ireland. I doubt it.

I've no idea why you mentioned Wikipedia but here's the story that Sam saw and forgot the full details when he said

BBC News

Of course in a so called independent Scotland we'll have the SBC to inform us. One wonders how much the license fee will be then. Same as England, Wales and Northern Ireland. I doubt it.

Heavens, Dex! You'll be resurrecting Pinkertons next.

I mentioned Wikipedia because it is a source of wide and varied information.

Samsc on the contrary mentioned nothing - he asked a question?

BBC News

Completely wrong DEX, pity you didn't ask me before you wandered into assuming things. I was not confusing the recovery of paintings with my question. I am sure I read of a couple of incidents in the past few years, one of the doors being left open and a Group of tourists being found wandering around and one of someone knicking a painting at one of these evening events the gallery holds. If they didn't happen then I misread something.

How you getting on making the case for the Union or do you want to just dodge that wee question? Look you can even sing Rule Brittania and have pictures of pointy headed bobbies on the beat if that will help your case.

Completely wrong DEX, pity you didn't ask me before you wandered into assuming things. I was not confusing the recovery of paintings with my question. I am sure I read of a couple of incidents in the past few years, one of the doors being left open and a Group of tourists being found wandering around and one of someone knicking a painting at one of these evening events the gallery holds. If they didn't happen then I misread something.

How you getting on making the case for the Union or do you want to just dodge that wee question? Look you can even sing Rule Brittania and have pictures of pointy headed bobbies on the beat if that will help your case.

Here's the reference to those wandering tourists:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/row-after-security-breach-at-art-gallery-1.1060429

The article also refers to the drunk from the party who fell asleep in the toilets a number of years back. Nothing as exciting as rescuing Jedediah and Octavius. :lol:

There will always be security concerns - whether there is Independence or otherwise. Can we keep that issue to the appropriate thread please.

Heavens, Dex! You'll be resurrecting Pinkertons next.

I mentioned Wikipedia because it is a source of wide and varied information.

Samsc on the contrary mentioned nothing - he asked a question?

Sam mentioned paintings going missing last year. They didn't?

You mentioned Wikipedia. Can you find the bit in Wikipedia that mentions paintings going missing or being returned? Is there a special independent Scottish edition?

Sam mentioned paintings going missing last year. They didn't?

You mentioned Wikipedia. Can you find the bit in Wikipedia that mentions paintings going missing or being returned? Is there a special independent Scottish edition?

Sam falling out of one hole into a bigger hole is not going to be avoided by him wearing tartan drawers.

There were a few wee blips in the security at Kelvingrove over the last few years. I'm glad they got the heidscarf wummin back.

Wonder when, and where, we'll find out what happened? Please all post with great attention to accuracy. :rolleyes: