Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
harper

What is your best Sunday?

My best Sunday doesn't come better than today...

Fry up and papers with a pal....

Wee bit of Andrew Marr in the background...

Off to the Whitechapel Gallery to see the Government Art Collection and Rothco Exhibitions

Mr H cooking full roast pork dinner for me and the visiting wean...

Settle down with a bit of Call the Midwife....

Job done.

Listening to this

Listen to Born Too Late the Sunday Oldies with Felonious Munk .

On 103.5FM in Glasgow and online at Sunny Govan It’s Born too late for Sunny Govan Oldies from 12:00 GMT with Felonious Munk.

Another splurge on oldies CDs this week including a long sought after collection of Bob Dylan 45s in Mono, early Aretha Franklin and some soul stuff.

They will be played alongside the regular Elvis Presley songs, tunes from the Beatles, a Motown medley and our daft dance record of the week.

Time will be found to squeeze in some beat sounds, Rock’n’Roll and pop.

Requests / shout outs: e mail

Text The Studio: 0779 7805 387

bob-dylan-positively-4th-street-1965-2-s.jpg

You're both giving me ideas. I started off the Chronicles of Narnia and Ryan and I read a chapter. Duck eggs and pancakes for breakfast.

I'll catch a bit of Felonius on Sunny Govan before heading off to The Chip for a friend's birthday lunch.

Then later I'll be heading up to Ciaran Dorris' show on Celtic Music Radio, where Jim is the guest, (1530FM or listen in online 5 - 7 p.m.)

Then we'll meet up with some buddies back in Byres Road.

Thanks for the reminder, harper, I'll record the Midwives.

My best Sunday would be waking up to the crashing of waves onto a deserted sandy beach with the sun already shining and a pile of great books. That's summer.

Winter. I would like the pile of great books and a log cabin with the smell of pine trees and snowy mountains. Maybe beside a loch. Och, aye, the wood burning stove as well.

At my age, waking up is a guid start, knowing it is Sunday wid be icing on the cake.

tam

At my age, waking up is a guid start, knowing it is Sunday wid be icing on the cake.

tam

:lol: :lol: I can get my days mixed up too, tam. If you're out working 9 till 5 mondays through to fridays then it's easier to keep track. That's my story and I'll stick to it.:)

Sleep in, coffee, sunday papers strewn about, sunny weather so kids outside and amusing themselves. Nice walk with family and dogs and a barbie with the neighbours for tea with a couple of wines. And chocolates obviously.

Chpocolates? Goes without saying, Gayle:)

Yesterday was Mothering Sunday in the UK and that was pretty good, expect we did it on Saturday because my son was working an 11am to 11pm shift yesterday in the pub where he works part time. I organised my own Sunday. I had a hot oil massage, bought some herbs for my garden, had lunch with a friend then went to see a film, didn't have time for the papers... :lol: One of these Sunday's I'll tidy out some cupboards ,,,, pfft!