Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Travelling to Loch Lomond for my cousin's wedding next week. Looking forward to a wee nostalgic drive along Gt Western Road :)

Bring some sunshine if it can be arranged, Dazzle.

Pat, We had a lovely crisp and sunny day today (54f) B) I'm hoping for the same when we're home next week :D

Sam, we plan to drive along the M8 and over the Erskine Bridge on the way there. After the wedding, we'll travel to Glasgow along Gt. Western Road and enjoy the sights while we're stuck in traffic, but even then, it won't be anything like London traffic :o

Pat, We had a lovely crisp and sunny day today (54f) B) I'm hoping for the same when we're home next week :D

Sam, we plan to drive along the M8 and over the Erskine Bridge on the way there. After the wedding, we'll travel to Glasgow along Gt. Western Road and enjoy the sights while we're stuck in traffic, but even then, it won't be anything like London traffic :o

My favourite part of Great Western Road is the section between Anniesland and Byres Road. Never tire of it.

My favourite part of Great Western Road is the section between Anniesland and Byres Road. Never tire of it.

Mine too Pat :) I have fond memories of watching the skaters on Binghams Pond, having a giggle at A. E. Pickards house with his humorous signs and jalopy cars parked on his drive, the wee Kirklee post office which was no more than a hut and going to see 'Hootenanny' at the BBC Studios in Queen Margaret Drive :D:D:D

My abiding memory of that stretch of road is holly bushes and rhododendruns and big blonde sandstone buildings....:) I loved the wee post office at Kirklee and I remember swans on Bingham's Pond - is that right?

My abiding memory of that stretch of road is holly bushes and rhododendruns and big blonde sandstone buildings....:) I loved the wee post office at Kirklee and I remember swans on Bingham's Pond - is that right?

Ah yes harper, the swans on Bingham's Pond. I have a photo somewhere taken years ago of me with the swans, wish I knew where it was :huh:

Ah yes harper, the swans on Bingham's Pond. I have a photo somewhere taken years ago of me with the swans, wish I knew where it was :huh:

I've got one of people curling on the pond - taken a couple of years back. I enjoy a wee walk round the pond, although, those swans can be a bit scary at times.

• 2 weeks later...

We enjoyed our trip home for my cousin's 'Very Scottish' wedding, the kilts were swinging and the bagpipes were playing :) We rounded our weekend off with a drive through the west end.....just perfect :)

Photo of curlers on Bingham's Pond, as promised:

frozenpond10sml6047-0889.jpg