Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
maggs

Aw ra best

Happy New Year to you all.

I was working yesterday and am working today so not celebrated it yet, but no hangover either. :D

I made a belated New Year resolution to get more exercise so off to a good start today with a game of badminton and a swim.

It wasn't full on stuff as I had Ryan with me so quite a bit of practising serving and then playing with the floats in the pool.

He informed me that he might 'do the Olympics' when he's 'big' when I asked him what sport? - he had a wee think and then replied: 'what's the easiest?' I'm trying to work out whether he is smart or lazy? :)

Anyway he worked up a great appetite and wanted spaghetti and cheese sauce, tuna and sausage. Yes, I'm daft - that's what he got. Not all on the same plate - he ate the lot.

I made a belated New Year resolution to get more exercise so off to a good start today with a game of badminton and a swim.

It wasn't full on stuff as I had Ryan with me so quite a bit of practising serving and then playing with the floats in the pool.

He informed me that he might 'do the Olympics' when he's 'big' when I asked him what sport? - he had a wee think and then replied: 'what's the easiest?' I'm trying to work out whether he is smart or lazy?

Anyway he worked up a great appetite and wanted spaghetti and cheese sauce, tuna and sausage. Yes, I'm daft - that's what he got. Not all on the same plate - he ate the lot.

Hijack...

Do not talk to me about the Olympics. :angry:

Boris has told us not to use public transport and to think about taking our annual leave during the games so we can volunteer! I have also had to submit a business continuity plan to the council covering staff communiting and business meetings. They gave us a template to fill in with helpful answers.

Q Will staff have to travel to work?

A. Yes

Suggestion: Staff should consider getting alighting at quieter stations and walking the rest of the way. :o

Response: Not printable on a family forum.:lol:

And all for a bit of running and jumping that we will be paying for, for many years to come. IAWPO!

Tell Ryan he could try ping pong. :lol:

Hijack...

Do not talk to me about the Olympics. :angry:

Boris has told us not to use public transport and to think about taking our annual leave during the games so we can volunteer! I have also had to submit a business continuity plan to the council covering staff communiting and business meetings. They gave us a template to fill in with helpful answers.

Q Will staff have to travel to work?

A. Yes

Suggestion: Staff should consider getting alighting at quieter stations and walking the rest of the way. :o

Response: Not printable on a family forum.:lol:

And all for a bit of running and jumping that we will be paying for, for many years to come. IAWPO!

Tell Ryan he could try ping pong. :lol:

I think the sound of ping pong would appeal to him.

Maybe if they gave everyone in the Voluntary Sector a public holiday as a bribe they might be more likely to feel like co-operating.

I like the idea of every school having a new sports complex - or something like that?

I hope you are pleasantly surprised by the olympics. I loved living in Sydney during the 2000 games the atmosphere was fantastic and everyone really got into the spirit of it. The trains ran ON TIME during the whole 2 weeks which was usually unheard of :D

I hope you are pleasantly surprised by the olympics. I loved living in Sydney during the 2000 games the atmosphere was fantastic and everyone really got into the spirit of it. The trains ran ON TIME during the whole 2 weeks which was usually unheard of :D

Nice to hear from you, Gayle. I know Australia is a very big country but London and the Olympics seem very remote from Glasgow. I wouldn't dream of going as the transport in London is a nightmare at the best of times. It'll be great watching events on the television but go there - not a chance.

I am having a major grump and I don't see that changing any time soon. We like tourists in London as long as they get oot the road and don't dawdle. The thought of thousands of lost tourists milling about trying to get to Stratford and nothing on the telly except sport is my idea of hell... :lol:

Now, if every particpating country contributed to holding them permenantly in Greece it would solve a lot of problems.... historical persepctive restored, good weather guaranteed, boost for the Greek economy every four years. Yep, pap them back to Athens and Mrs Merkel will sleep nights. Win win all round.

I am having a major grump and I don't see that changing any time soon. We like tourists in London as long as they get oot the road and don't dawdle. The thought of thousands of lost tourists milling about trying to get to Stratford and nothing on the telly except sport is my idea of hell... :lol:

Now, if every particpating country contributed to holding them permenantly in Greece it would solve a lot of problems.... historical persepctive restored, good weather guaranteed, boost for the Greek economy every four years. Yep, pap them back to Athens and Mrs Merkel will sleep nights. Win win all round.

That Greek solution is one helluva excellent idea, harper. :lol: