Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
jimbo

Top five regrets of the dying

Lessons to learned here. Top five regrets of the dying.

Jimbo

Certainly makes you think.

I can believe that many people confronted by death wish that they hadn't worked so hard.

The article points to male patients who feel that they had missed out on their children's youth and partner's companionship.

" All of the men I nursed deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence."

I agree with the advice offered:

"By simplifying your lifestyle and making conscious choices along the way, it is possible to not need the income that you think you do. And by creating more space in your life, you become happier and more open to new opportunities, ones more suited to your new lifestyle. "

I definitely think that less can be more and that if possible you should work at what you like rather than chase the big bucks and forego in favour of family fun. Of course, not everyone will have the choice and these days for many people to have a reasonable lifestyle both parents have to work, sometimes they're ships passing in the night. Everybody suffers.

Number 1 is probably the one that most people struggle with.

American mythologist, Joseph Campbell, reminds us, "If you are going to climb the ladder of success, make sure it is against the right wall." There are so many people climbing their way to their first corporate heart attack. :(

Be kind, be loving, do something you love. Keep it simple. ;)

Number 1 is probably the one that most people struggle with.

American mythologist, Joseph Campbell, reminds us, "If you are going to climb the ladder of success, make sure it is against the right wall." There are so many people climbing their way to their first corporate heart attack. :(

Be kind, be loving, do something you love. Keep it simple. ;)

That is very good advice Harper. I hear people moaning all day long at work. Not all of them but a lot. I think some of them are definately in the wrong job. With others they just seem to have got into a bad habit of bitching. It is bad for them and those around them.

That is very good advice Harper. I hear people moaning all day long at work. Not all of them but a lot. I think some of them are definately in the wrong job. With others they just seem to have got into a bad habit of bitching. It is bad for them and those around them.

Bunch of miseries, Rory.

I think anyone who says on their deathbeds that they have no regrets much have had a pretty dull existence. Either that or no imaqination. :lol:

Bunch of miseries, Rory.

I think anyone who says on their deathbeds that they have no regrets much have had a pretty dull existence. Either that or no imaqination. :lol:

You've got at point there, CL.

Rory, you get the impression with some folk that the more they're moaning the happier they really are. :lol: