Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Grahamedgar

Partick Glass

Whist visiting the West End recently, I went into Anderson Street to see if my Grandads old Blacksmiths workshop was still there. There was a guy (Raymond)having a ciggy outside on the pavement. New buildings occupy the Smiddy and the disappointed expression on my face prompted him to say "ya ok pal?" I explained the situation and he said he was dead interested in the history of the area and offered me a cuppa (tea!). We went through the single unglazed door and he gave me a guided tour, including the wee showroom and a workshop where they have "classes" in the evening for anybody interested in creating their own sculpture/ornament/window/mirror with lead, staining, obscure and "wobbly" glass. It was mindblowing, showing old and new techniques.

Anybody interested should go to 5 Anderson Street. You won't be disappointed.

Whist visiting the West End recently, I went into Anderson Street to see if my Grandads old Blacksmiths workshop was still there. There was a guy (Raymond)having a ciggy outside on the pavement. New buildings occupy the Smiddy and the disappointed expression on my face prompted him to say "ya ok pal?" I explained the situation and he said he was dead interested in the history of the area and offered me a cuppa (tea!). We went through the single unglazed door and he gave me a guided tour, including the wee showroom and a workshop where they have "classes" in the evening for anybody interested in creating their own sculpture/ornament/window/mirror with lead, staining, obscure and "wobbly" glass. It was mindblowing, showing old and new techniques.

Anybody interested should go to 5 Anderson Street. You won't be disappointed.

Will need to check that out, EoP. Sounds well worth a visit. :)