Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
harper

Steve Jobs

Very sad news of the passing Steve Jobs, a man who achieved more in one short life time than most people would achieve in many.

Jobs has been claimed as the Edison of our day; not a bad accolade for a boy given up for adoption by a single, struggling mother. Not the best of starts in life but man, what a finish .

In a radio tribute this morning, Jobs was described as a man who "enchanted life". In a speech to graduating students ...

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

Sadly, people like Steve Jobs are few and far between. The tributes I have been listening to describe a man of vision and technical genius but he is also descrbed as a man of integrity and heart. His loss is immeasurable.

I fondly remember my Mac Plus with its little 9 inch screen, my 'hockey puck' mouse which everyone but myself hated, my first iMac... and all the other Mac stuff I've used over the years.

I knew he was ill but it was still a shock to read about his death this morning. RIP Steve Jobs.

Jimbo

My entry into the world of Apple was through the stonkingly wonderful Iphone and my Ipad, which I have been known to hug. *blush*

Jimbo, your story echos so many I have heard this morning. Jobs really did create the company that started a love affiar with technology.

(Don't cast it up but my first PC was an Amstrad ... :P )

My entry into the world of Apple was through the stonkingly wonderful Iphone and my Ipad, which I have been known to hug. *blush*

Jimbo, your story echos so many I have heard this morning. Jobs really did create the company that started a love affiar with technology.

(Don't cast it up but my first PC was an Amstrad ... :P )

Very sad but what a wonderful legacy this man has left. Seldom have so many engaged so wholeheartedly with a piece of technical equipment as they do their Apple Mac. I love everything about my Mac including the logo.

Very sad but what a wonderful legacy this man has left. Seldom have so many engaged so wholeheartedly with a piece of technical equipment as they do their Apple Mac. I love everything about my Mac including the logo.

I love mine too and came into the Apple Store to post as a mark of respect. Sorry to hear about Jobs.

What a wonderfully, touching thread. Nothing to add but my imac is now past nine years old, a purple one, and still no virus has caused any problems.

tam

What a wonderfully, touching thread. Nothing to add but my imac is now past nine years old, a purple one, and still no virus has caused any problems.

tam

One of the best things about the Mac is that you don't have the virus problems that you get with PCs, tam.

Wozniak on his friend Steve.