Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Dazzle

Flying home for the weekend

Looking forward to tomorrow, flying home for a party then meeting a friend in Byres Road on Saturday, heard the restaurants and pubs are pretty upmarket there now :)

Hope you have a lovely time, Dazzle.

Let us know what your verdict is. :)

Hope you have a lovely time, Dazzle.

Let us know what your verdict is. :)

Back home again :) I simply loved Ashton Lane, it was like stepping back in time, very quaint! It would have been nice to have seen it on a dry day and sat outside watching the world go by but unfortunately the rain couldn't have come down any harder than it did...ah well maybe next time :(

I was so looking forward to a trip on the Clockwork Orange, we went to buy our tickets at Hillhead, the ticketmaster wasn't very helpful, he undid Glasgow's 'friendly' reputation. The train was packed, very shoogly and not at all comfortable. I managed to get the last seat and a drunk was sitting opposite me trying to strike up a conversation between nodding off to sleep. I was glad to get off and back to street level.

We went to the Pavilion on Saturday evening to see the Eagles tribute band (The Talons). Just as they were about to go into the final number that we had all been waiting for (Hotel California), fire alarms went off in the theatre and we were all evacuated as fire engines pulled up in Renfield Street. After half an hour we were allowed back in to hear the final song, most people had gone so we promoted ourselves to front seat in the stalls. It was a great show :-).

Would you believe that yesterday morning at 7.45am, the fire alarm went off in our hotel and we were evacuated AGAIN???!!!! This time I was out in the street, in my PJ's surrounded, once more, by 'Macho Glasgow Fireman'! One wee woman was so worried because nobody had ever seen her without her teeth before! Bless her :-)

Back home again :) I simply loved Ashton Lane, it was like stepping back in time, very quaint! It would have been nice to have seen it on a dry day and sat outside watching the world go by but unfortunately the rain couldn't have come down any harder than it did...ah well maybe next time :(

I was so looking forward to a trip on the Clockwork Orange, we went to buy our tickets at Hillhead, the ticketmaster wasn't very helpful, he undid Glasgow's 'friendly' reputation. The train was packed, very shoogly and not at all comfortable. I managed to get the last seat and a drunk was sitting opposite me trying to strike up a conversation between nodding off to sleep. I was glad to get off and back to street level.

We went to the Pavilion on Saturday evening to see the Eagles tribute band (The Talons). Just as they were about to go into the final number that we had all been waiting for (Hotel California), fire alarms went off in the theatre and we were all evacuated as fire engines pulled up in Renfield Street. After half an hour we were allowed back in to hear the final song, most people had gone so we promoted ourselves to front seat in the stalls. It was a great show :-).

Would you believe that yesterday morning at 7.45am, the fire alarm went off in our hotel and we were evacuated AGAIN???!!!! This time I was out in the street, in my PJ's surrounded, once more, by 'Macho Glasgow Fireman'! One wee woman was so worried because nobody had ever seen her without her teeth before! Bless her :-)

:lol:

That was a trip and a half, Dazzle. Never a dull moment by the sound of things.

Hope you make it back soon. Let's know and we can have a swally in your honour, or at least a latte in Ashton Lane. :)