Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
lynnski

Haud on to yer hats!!!!

Forecasters warn that Katia is heading across the Atlantic and should hit Scotland and Northern Ireland on Monday. The Met Office has issued an upgraded 'be prepared' severe weather warning with the threat of disruption to transport and damage to buildings.

Hopefully, the hurricane will burn itself out by the time it reaches us.

Forecasters warn that Katia is heading across the Atlantic and should hit Scotland and Northern Ireland on Monday. The Met Office has issued an upgraded 'be prepared' severe weather warning with the threat of disruption to transport and damage to buildings.

Hopefully, the hurricane will burn itself out by the time it reaches us.

I loved the comment I heard from one American broadcaster who said that its going to blow a gale and have torrential rain, Scotland will think its winter........naw, that's summer weather you have described

I loved the comment I heard from one American broadcaster who said that its going to blow a gale and have torrential rain, Scotland will think its winter........naw, that's summer weather you have described

Fingers crossed it won't be much out of the ordinary, samsc.

I recently contacted an Irish friend in New York to ask if they had been affected by Irene.

Reply, "It was much akin to what we're used to back home".

Fingers crossed it won't be much out of the ordinary, samsc.

I recently contacted an Irish friend in New York to ask if they had been affected by Irene.

Reply, "It was much akin to what we're used to back home".

I was awakened early this morn by a bright flash of light followed by a loud bang. In my bewildered just woke up state I was convinced there had been an explosion. "They have attacked the airport was my first thought" (I live near the flight path) It was only thunder n lightning of course but it brought home to me how I have subconsciously been affected by worries about an "anniversary" attack.

I was awakened early this morn by a bright flash of light followed by a loud bang. In my bewildered just woke up state I was convinced there had been an explosion. "They have attacked the airport was my first thought" (I live near the flight path) It was only thunder n lightning of course but it brought home to me how I have subconsciously been affected by worries about an "anniversary" attack.

Yeah, I was woken by some thunder around 5am yesterday morning, thought I was dreaming at 1st!

How you lot doing up there? All safe and sound? I haven't seen any coverage on the news.

Some breezy weather, harper, and the occasional fierce gust. Jim drove me along to the doctors at tea time and it was wild but no dramas to speak of. According to the weather the Ayrshire coast got a bit of a battering. There could be more to come.