Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Obama's job creation legislation

That link doesn't really tell me anything about the proposed legislation, so a bit of googling is now in order :lol: It would be nice to think it's as simple as passing a law and the jobs will magically appear, but that's unlikely. Even adopting the Keynsian ethic of 'it's better to pay a man to dig a hole, then pay him the next day to fill it in, rather than have him on welfare' (I paraphrase) doesn't create the level of jobs needed to seriously cut unemployment world wide.

That link doesn't really tell me anything about the proposed legislation, so a bit of googling is now in order :lol: It would be nice to think it's as simple as passing a law and the jobs will magically appear, but that's unlikely. Even adopting the Keynsian ethic of 'it's better to pay a man to dig a hole, then pay him the next day to fill it in, rather than have him on welfare' (I paraphrase) doesn't create the level of jobs needed to seriously cut unemployment world wide.

This is what the president has in mind:

"New public works projects, help for local school districts, training opportunities for those who have been out of work a long time, and more than $200 billion in tax cuts for workers and the companies that hire them."

He claims that:

"It will lead to new jobs for construction workers, teachers, veterans, young people, and the long-term unemployed, provide tax credits for businesses and workers. And it will not add to the deficit. It will be paid for," he told a crowd of 8,000 at the University of Richmond in Virginia on Friday."

http://www.npr.org/2011/09/09/140348984/obama-launches-aggressive-push-for-jobs-plan

Obama is on a crusade and intent on getting his message out there:

"I want you to call, I want you to email, I want you to tweet, I want you to fax. I want you to Facebook, send a carrier pigeon. I want you to tell your Congressperson the time for gridlock and games is over. The time for action is now. The time to create jobs is now,"