Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Gerry Rafferty 'Right Down The Line'

Haha, haven't watched it yet! Watched 'American: The Bill Hicks Story' and tonight's episode of New Tricks before tackling a mountain of housework. Needless to say, it's in the planner!! :lol:

Haha, haven't watched it yet! Watched 'American: The Bill Hicks Story' and tonight's episode of New Tricks before tackling a mountain of housework. Needless to say, it's in the planner!! :lol:

I enjoyed the programme; great songwriter; unfortunately the man himself didn't come across as the most likeable of characters.

Jimbo

I enjoyed the programme; great songwriter; unfortunately the man himself didn't come across as the most likeable of characters.

Jimbo

His music is wonderful but I think this formulaic approach with umpteen people giving wee snapshots can get a bit boring and bitty. His daughter was lovely and it was interesting hearing about how the Rafferty family was steeped in music. Not much said about his wife, Carla, and I don't think the programme dealt much with the sadness of his death and its association with the demon drink.

Billy Connolly said that what he sought was respect for his music, he certainly achieved that.

Very sad that such a talent as Rafferty died before his time, especially when surrounded by so many longstanding friends and family.

I could listen to John Byrne all night and he made a great job of those album covers and the guitar.

His music is wonderful but I think this formulaic approach with umpteen people giving wee snapshots can get a bit boring and bitty. His daughter was lovely and it was interesting hearing about how the Rafferty family was steeped in music. Not much said about his wife, Carla, and I don't think the programme dealt much with the sadness of his death and its association with the demon drink.

Billy Connolly said that what he sought was respect for his music, he certainly achieved that.

Very sad that such a talent as Rafferty died before his time, especially when surrounded by so many longstanding friends and family.

I could listen to John Byrne all night and he made a great job of those album covers and the guitar.

You're right, Pat. John Byrne, Billy Connolly, Maria, his daughter, and his co-writer and guitar player would have been plenty. It could have been more in depth. With all the wee snapshots it becomes superficial.

He didn't come over as a very endearing character but maybe the booze was to blame for that.