Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
samscafeamericain

Horrendous First Dates

A friend of mine agreed to go out on a date with a salesman chap who called in regularly to her work. They had been flirting for weeks so it seemed the natural thing to do.

Seemingly the date started off really well but began its downhill stretch when they went to 'his local' after dinner. Several times he challenged her to play wrestle, eventually it ended in him getting her in a neck hold and rubbing his knuckles over her head :lol: :lol:

It was playfully done but she never did go for a second date :lol:

It was our second date and we went to a restaurant for a meal. When the bill came I paid, used my card and entered the PIN. 'PIN not accepted' I tried a second, third, fourth time but exactly the same. I was just about to ask my date if she could possibly help me out when I remembered I had some cash on me and just about managed to cover the bill . . but the tip was very meagre.

It was on the third date when I spilled the hot coffee over her :(

On my first first date I called the lassie Lorna the whole night. After the good-night kiss she told me her name was Laura.

On my first first date I called the lassie Lorna the whole night. After the good-night kiss she told me her name was Laura.

I find that quite sweet, Mr. R.

Did anyone ever get a lumber at the dancing and arrange to meet them outside and then couldnae remember what they looked like? :lol:

I find that quite sweet, Mr. R.

Did anyone ever get a lumber at the dancing and arrange to meet them outside and then couldnae remember what they looked like? :lol:

Oh yes :lol:

I am sure different couples paired up outside by mistake

From the 'Plenty of Fish' internet dating site. This was in a single lady's preference section :o ....she may wonder why she remains single.

"Now, this may seem a bit cheeky but I have a 'few' preferences for my future spouse/life partner/better half. These are not set in stone, deal-breakers, or 'must haves'; I am flexible on all of them. They are just here to act as a guide.

I prefer that my partner does:

*remain close to their own family and mine (probably living within an hour of my parents - they are willing to move to follow me);

*have openness to fostering/adopting a child rather than producing our own genetic offspring;

*act compassionately when I am ill, taking time off work as necessary - hopefully you'll be your own boss so this won't be a problem;

*enjoy intellectual conversation - debates about science, history and philosophy followed by random banter;

*want to learn new skills together (especially languages, art expression and dance);

*enjoy a healthy lifestyle (organic diet, little use of fast food outlets, enough exercise especially individual-goal activities such as yoga/pilates, swimming, gym);

*read a lot and watch movies regularly (if you want to organise a book/movie discussion group with me, then great!);

*live in an environmentally and economically sensitive manner (eg recycling, making our TV last until it blows up rather than getting the latest HD/3D/flatscreen nonsense);

*have rhythm (be able to play a musical instrument/enjoy singing or dancing);

*have excellent manners (e.g. no public flatulance/eructation, pulling out chairs from dinner table, opening car doors, remembering to thank someone for getting their favourite ice-cream!);

*spend most of the time in our home being silly, but knowing when to rein it in when we have company;

*refrain from wearing 'labels' for the sake it: be they Gucci, Nike, or any other brand;

*keep themselves piercing- and tattoo-free;

*wear sport clothing only when playing...sport;

*not have children from previous relationships;

*agree that divorce is never a solution, unless one partner becomes criminally abusive towards the other;

*keep their 6' plus body healthy;

*understand that whilst I have dated men and women, I am totally monogamous! No three-somes, thank you!"

From the 'Plenty of Fish' internet dating site. This was in a single lady's preference section :o ....she may wonder why she remains single.

"Now, this may seem a bit cheeky but I have a 'few' preferences for my future spouse/life partner/better half. These are not set in stone, deal-breakers, or 'must haves'; I am flexible on all of them. They are just here to act as a guide.

I prefer that my partner does:

*remain close to their own family and mine (probably living within an hour of my parents - they are willing to move to follow me);

*have openness to fostering/adopting a child rather than producing our own genetic offspring;

*act compassionately when I am ill, taking time off work as necessary - hopefully you'll be your own boss so this won't be a problem;

*enjoy intellectual conversation - debates about science, history and philosophy followed by random banter;

*want to learn new skills together (especially languages, art expression and dance);

*enjoy a healthy lifestyle (organic diet, little use of fast food outlets, enough exercise especially individual-goal activities such as yoga/pilates, swimming, gym);

*read a lot and watch movies regularly (if you want to organise a book/movie discussion group with me, then great!);

*live in an environmentally and economically sensitive manner (eg recycling, making our TV last until it blows up rather than getting the latest HD/3D/flatscreen nonsense);

*have rhythm (be able to play a musical instrument/enjoy singing or dancing);

*have excellent manners (e.g. no public flatulance/eructation, pulling out chairs from dinner table, opening car doors, remembering to thank someone for getting their favourite ice-cream!);

*spend most of the time in our home being silly, but knowing when to rein it in when we have company;

*refrain from wearing 'labels' for the sake it: be they Gucci, Nike, or any other brand;

*keep themselves piercing- and tattoo-free;

*wear sport clothing only when playing...sport;

*not have children from previous relationships;

*agree that divorce is never a solution, unless one partner becomes criminally abusive towards the other;

*keep their 6' plus body healthy;

*understand that whilst I have dated men and women, I am totally monogamous! No three-somes, thank you!"

:lol: I think she might have been snapped up by the guy looking for:

* a woman who knows exactly what she wants.

I think she's made some fair points but I don't know if I could cope with someone who "spent most of the time in our home being silly". :rolleyes:

:lol: I think she might have been snapped up by the guy looking for:

* a woman who knows exactly what she wants.

I think she's made some fair points but I don't know if I could cope with someone who "spent most of the time in our home being silly". :rolleyes:

I think the point coming across loud and clear is do not have a pet rabbit, because I will boil it in the pot :D

Aye, and god help an guy putting his feet on the coffee table in front of the telly. :lol:

Actually, reading that made me feel a little bit queasy. I never really had a list. I blundered forth into the world of romance and luckily came up trumps.

My worst date was wih a bouncer from the THe Maggie who asked me to go and see Jaws with him. He looked great in his tuxy boucer clothes when he was working but turned up on the date wearing a big naff wooly arran sweater that had been knitted by his mother but with the wrong wool. It was a bit like going out with a giant angora rabbit or the night. He was from Stornoway and as green as grass. He spent most of the time talking about his "mither". It was a looooong date.:lol:

Aye, and god help an guy putting his feet on the coffee table in front of the telly. :lol:

Actually, reading that made me feel a little bit queasy. I never really had a list. I blundered forth into the world of romance and luckily came up trumps.

I never had a list either, harper. Although, I certainly had many a blunder.

My worst date was wih a bouncer from the THe Maggie who asked me to go and see Jaws with him. He looked great in his tuxy boucer clothes when he was working but turned up on the date wearing a big naff wooly arran sweater that had been knitted by his mother but with the wrong wool. It was a bit like going out with a giant angora rabbit of the night. He was from Stornoway and as green as grass. He spent most of the time talking about his "mither". It was a looooong date.:lol:

:lol:

I once had a boyfriend who constantly sang the praises of his father, who was a lone parent, - his son thought he was wonderful. I was also a lone parent and I was apt to say: "then you must think I am wonderful too." He didn't, but I thought it was sweet that he thought so much of his dad.

I remember our first date, which was in The Rock Garden. I turned up first and ordered a fancy drink of Amaretto, Brandy and American Dry, only to discover that I had no money to pay for it. :lol: