Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
samscafeamericain

Obese Weans get warnings - missed the target

Beyond stupid.

Honestly, I think these programmes need to be abandoned. There was a similar story of gross incompetency in the news this week about the man who was declared fit for work, despite having a terminal illness. He died 3 months later. Can the people employed in these programmes not use their eyes and a bit of common bl**dy sense? :angry:

Beyond stupid.

Honestly, I think these programmes need to be abandoned. There was a similar story of gross incompetency in the news this week about the man who was declared fit for work, despite having a terminal illness. He died 3 months later. Can the people employed in these programmes not use their eyes and a bit of common bl**dy sense? :angry:

Maybe the Health Visitors can start up five a sides netball and fitbae teams. Probably have more impact.

The incompetence regarding ATOS has been well documented but they are doing the job this government wants them to do - get people onto a lower benefit. They are not seriously anticipating them returning to work.

Incapacity Test Not Fit For Purpose - The Guardian

How many contributors to this thread have a BMI over 24.9?

Not me (just!)

B*gger, do you now need your BMI measured to post.

Pat, you are making the rules way too strict.

what does a BMI of 24.9 mean?

:lol: Can you post if you've goat an ugly mug.

I don't like to see a heavy wean. I hope these Health Workers are required to check any health issues before they start pulling up parents who may already have some worries about overweight weans and certain illnesses.

Do you get a buzz cut if they find nits?

It means you are probably a man and I hate you.... :lol:

How many contributors to this thread have a BMI over 24.9?

Not me (just!)

Sheesh, you'll be askig us to reveal our troo ages next... pfft!

BMI is no respecter of gender. Fat is fat and there's no escaping it. A BMI over 25 is not an absolute guarantee that your life will be forshortened - but it's pretty good.

BMI is no respecter of gender. Fat is fat and there's no escaping it. A BMI over 25 is not an absolute guarantee that your life will be forshortened - but it's pretty good.

oh there's loads of things can reduce your potential lifespan, smoking of course, excessive drinking, excessive use of drugs are the obvious ones. Then there's hatred, bile and an ill-tempered disposition, that similarly can see you pop yer clogs sooner than you want.

So smile sweetly, feel happy, enjoy a sensible level of consumption (of everything) and love your fellow (wo)man.

oh there's loads of things can reduce your potential lifespan, smoking of course, excessive drinking, excessive use of drugs are the obvious ones. Then there's hatred, bile and an ill-tempered disposition, that similarly can see you pop yer clogs sooner than you want.

So smile sweetly, feel happy, enjoy a sensible level of consumption (of everything) and love your fellow (wo)man.

Or hang about and continue to cause everyone else misery. :(

The other side of the coin:

Today's Herald. "Concern over children who suffer eating disorders"

In the last three years hundreds of Scottish children have received hospital treatment for eating disorders. children in Scotland have received hospital treatment for eating disorders in the last three years. More than half were between 13 - 15 but some are younger.

The problem is seen to be related to idolisation of images in celebrity magazines.

Susan Ringwood, chief executive of the charity, Beat, said: “A number of factors combine to trigger eating disorders. Biology and genetics play a large part in their development, but so do cultural pressures, and body image seems to be influencing younger children much more.

When reckoning BMI, it does require to know whether you are male or female and age, height n weight.