Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

I don't think so, G12 bloke. People have different opinions and saying what they think. It's a sad, sad situation. I doubt that there are any parents who can say hand on heart that they have been totally vigilant in watching over their children at all times.

However, the McCanns have not only had to face criticism regarding their standards of responsibility with regard to childcare - they have also faced accusations regarding the disappearance of the child.

I can't for the life of me see how this appeals to some people's sense of humour. If that's what you call it. :rolleyes:

Humour? You think this is funny? There's nothing 'humorous' about the situation.

The fact people insist 'any parents' would find it difficult to plead innocence of the charges the McCanns ought to face is telling.

There's a 'we did it and got away with it' mood about the McCanns criminal antics.

There's a 'condemn them and you condemn us' feeling about criticism of the McCanns criminal behaviour.

There's a lot of people who really don't want to hear the truth about what the McCanns did to their child/ren in pursuit of a swally.

They'll get their cumuppance in the fullness of time.

Humour? You think this is funny? There's nothing 'humorous' about the situation.

The fact people insist 'any parents' would find it difficult to plead innocence of the charges the McCanns ought to face is telling.

There's a 'we did it and got away with it' mood about the McCanns criminal antics.

There's a 'condemn them and you condemn us' feeling about criticism of the McCanns criminal behaviour.

There's a lot of people who really don't want to hear the truth about what the McCanns did to their child/ren in pursuit of a swally.

That Portuguese detective's book aside, do we really know what the McCanns did to their children in the pursuit of a swally? We know they left them alone in the holiday apartment (which is criminal in my mind) but do we know with confidence and evidence anything else?

I'm glad you share my view

Pat:

I can't for the life of me see how this appeals to some people's sense of humour. If that's what you call it.

I think they've had ample cumuppance with regard to the impact of having left their children on their own.

Not sure where you got this from but it is absolute rubbish. I think most people have moved on from the contributory negligence debate. There is really nothing more to be said on that issue. I don't approve of the McCanns leaving their children unattended but I sure as damn will not be using it as a stick to beat them with or to discourage support for the search of their daughter.

If there is cuuppance to be had then evidence will prove that. In the meantime, let them search while the fund exists.... get over it.

There's an awful lot of clutching at straws going on amongst McCann apologists here.

I don't believe that I am a "McCann apologist" whatever that may be. I did not approve of their decision to leave their children unattended while dining out with friends while on holiday but looking back on my own life and while on holiday, I have to admit that sometimes we did things that we would never do at home. EG Taking a wean in a buggy to the disco !!! What on this good earth were we about??? We were not alone. Loads of parents did this. The point I am trying to make, G12bloke, is that sometimes we parents make mistakes, make wrong choices & decisions. The McCann's did and will suffer forever because they have lost a child.

I am unsure as to what more of a "comeuppance" you would think they deserve. The loss of a child is not enough ?

Posts have been, and are still being edited, where people are throwing insults about.

Nice to hear from you, lynnski.

Good modding cos I have rarely seen insults or such getting tossed around since (edited - we prefer not to discuss other websites) This site has been a joy to read and contribute to since then, imo

lynnski,I accept the reason for the edit but have to say again that since certain folk have moved on I feel more comfortable here. That is my opinion.

I don't believe that I am a "McCann apologist" whatever that may be. I did not approve of their decision to leave their children unattended while dining out with friends while on holiday but looking back on my own life and while on holiday, I have to admit that sometimes we did things that we would never do at home. EG Taking a wean in a buggy to the disco !!! What on this good earth were we about??? We were not alone. Loads of parents did this. The point I am trying to make, G12bloke, is that sometimes we parents make mistakes, make wrong choices & decisions. The McCann's did and will suffer forever because they have lost a child.

I am unsure as to what more of a "comeuppance" you would think they deserve. The loss of a child is not enough ?

So just because 'we all did it', that makes it OK?

What more cumuppance? I'd have them in jail, in Portugal, where their 'mistake' was committed. A 'mistake' which very possibly cost a child her life, or possibly worse, was committed.

Oh dear, you have proof of that? I'd be carefull of tossing accusations about on the electrical interweb if I were you, the McCanns ain't Neil Lennon I know, but you should perhaps be a tad more circumspect in regard to where you spread your bile. Just a thought.

Oh dear, you have proof of that? I'd be carefull of tossing accusations about on the electrical interweb if I were you, the McCanns ain't Neil Lennon I know, but you should perhaps be a tad more circumspect in regard to where you spread your bile. Just a thought.

There could be seen to be some conjecture on G12 bloke's part. However, others may agree that their behaviour was criminal but tossing litter is criminal behaviour. Doesn't make you a criminal. Well, not unless you happen to be studying 'Deviance' but hardly a case for libel.

In this country it's not illegal to leave your children alone no matter their age. The issue is whether they are deemed to be 'at risk'.

http://www.childrenslegalcentre.com/Legal+Advice/Child+law/Homealone/WhatagecanIleavemychildathomeontheiro

We cannae be bothered oot collecting kindlin'. :P

That seems sensible, Pat. Looks like you've got some trolls but don't people on the Net just love a stooshie.

It strikes me that just about everything that has had to be said about this topic has been said and everytime there's some news we get all the same embittered species rising up once again. Bores! (Is that personal abuse?)

The crabbit librarian is on today and some sowel next to be keeps pulling up a site with very lively Spanish dance music. A real live stooshie in the making.

He's crabbit as well I asked him for a dance and he just scowled. Castanets back in bag.:lol:

Can't be nared tracking this back so....

G12Bloke: we didn't all do but I am not going to kick the Mccann's teethin because I didn't. If or when there is evidence of a crime I am sure cumuppance will be forthcoming.

HH honey, I have neither the time or the inclination to rise to troll bait or playground insults and I don't think sitting about knitting or hand ringing is very productive either.

Canny Lass: I wish I had been in the library. After reading the Dancing thread I am in the mood for a burl....

Now, lest ANYONE think I am being irrervent on a very serious thread about a very serious topic, let me sign out by saying. I hope the money that is being donated helps to find this child.

Thank you for your, no doubt, well meaning advice. Suffice it to say I've been threatened by experts, real people, and I'm still here.

If you feel the need - bring it on.

Mention of the ginger-heided wan prompts me to ask - why won't Strathclyde's Finest tell the people who pay their wages what is, or isn't, an acceptable chant or song?

It's getting like a Third World Country here. The so-called government insists lots of stuff is going to be made illegal - the just won't tell the population what the illegal stuff is.

Straying off topic folks ...

Not sure what Neil Lennoon has to do with the McCann case. :blink: This couldn't possibly be a personal agenda and nothing to do with the topic in hand?

One avatar issuing another avatar with an invitation to a virtual square go.... too funny. :lol:

Straying off topic folks ...

Not sure what Neil Lennoon has to do with the McCann case. :blink: This couldn't possibly be a personal agenda and nothing to do with the topic in hand?

One avatar issuing another avatar with an invitation to a virtual square go.... too funny. :lol:

I must admit to having had a touch of the giggles, harper. Virtual testosterone:lol: No need for honners to haud the walking sticks 'n' wallies.

I must admit to having had a touch of the giggles, harper. Virtual testosterone:lol: No need for honners to haud the walking sticks 'n' wallies.

I have had a wee giggle reading this. It's been years since I have heard the term "honners" and even more funny to imagine a square go among middle+ aged men on this topic.