Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

The Beckham Baby

Harper, you must be chuffed to bits at the Beckhams calling their wee lassie after you = 'Harper Seven'. You're obviously 'Harper One'. :lol:

Harper, you must be chuffed to bits at the Beckhams calling their wee lassie after you = 'Harper Seven'. You're obviously 'Harper One'. :lol:

Oh gawd I wonder what that relates to. Last one was named after the place of conception, does this mean this one was conceived in the back of a truck?

I am in a major huff,I tell yea....:angry:

Breakfast telly was funny this morning. Apparently the seven is Daviid Beckham's shirt number but they were asking if she was called Harper Seven or born at harf past seven - t's a London thing. :P:lol:

Big moan in the I today from literary sort who named his daughter after Harper Lee. With the naming of the Beckham wean he now feels the name has now become a bit declasse ... noooo kiddin'

Spookily, this Harper found Scout, aka harper junior ... cosmic or what?

Big moan in the I today from literary sort who named his daughter after Harper Lee. With the naming of the Beckham wean he now feels the name has now become a bit declasse ... noooo kiddin'

Spookily, this Harper found Scout, aka harper junior ... cosmic or what?

The weans should be able to rely on their parents to do a bit of research. Hope nobody shortens these kids' names tae harpy. :rolleyes:

'Declasse' would be the least of their problems. :lol:

Could be worse, a certain yella bananaman round here christened me harpic ... :lol:

I think Harper is a nice name. My harper is a family middle name but also reminiscent of an old detective series, a very nice social worker I used to work with and a character from a friend's book, that he never managed to get published.

Personally, I think with Seven they could have gone for Lunar... :P

Could be worse, a certain yella bananaman round here christened me harpic ... :lol:

I think Harper is a nice name. My harper is a family middle name but also reminiscent of an old detective series, a very nice social worker I used to work with and a character from a friend's book, that he never managed to get published.

Personally, I think with Seven they could have gone for Lunar... :P

Theuy've all got their reasons. I think Harpic has a nice fresh ring to it. :lol:

Theuy've all got their reasons. I think Harpic has a nice fresh ring to it. :lol:

:lol:

If it's something fresh and sparkly you fancy then Dazzle would be good - could be shortened to Daz. Would do a boy or a girl - just a suggestion. :)

Apollo would have gone well with 7

:lol: And there's Se7en if you fancy the neo-noir.

Harper Lee: am no positive and am no googling but am thinkin thit Harper Lee was an author from the south (Southern States) (tae kill a mockingburd) ?????)

I do like the name "Harper" and nae idea why......mind thon glasgowwestend "Harper" is well thought of by the vast majority of the folk oan this site AND the young lady is my friend.

tam

PS oan a different site, a footie site, my avatar hasnae been removed.

Harper Lee: am no positive and am no googling but am thinkin thit Harper Lee was an author from the south (Southern States) (tae kill a mockingburd) ?????)

I do like the name "Harper" and nae idea why......mind thon glasgowwestend "Harper" is well thought of by the vast majority of the folk oan this site AND the young lady is my friend.

tam

PS oan a different site, a footie site, my avatar hasnae been removed.

Apparently that's Victoria's favourite book hence the 'Harper', tam.

I would say that oor harper is the best harper but don't like to go into competition wie a new bairn. :rolleyes:

I thought Victoria Beckham was famously quoted as never having read a book through to the end? Maybe she picked the name from the first chapter. :P

dry.gif What's with all the flattery you two? I aint got nutin' :lol:

Nice to see you posting, Tam. It's better than seduko for getting the brain working and your posts have mer twists and turns than an Agatha Christie plot .... :P

I take it the deal with Hello hasn't been negotiated yet, hence nae pitcures of the wean?

I thought Victoria Beckham was famously quoted as never having read a book through to the end? Maybe she picked the name from the first chapter. :P

:lol: She'll have a bother now with her big family but likely catch herself in 'Hello'.

Aye, Seduko has got nothing on the tam puzzles. :)

Noo am lost:-

SSSOOOOO: i ustae have a we drawing of "Oor Wullie" as my avatar, or whatever it is called, and noo it is gone. I am wondering if it is due to copyright laws or is the auld imac jist being mair selective when it comes tae photaes or reproductions of drawings.

tam

Noo am lost:-

SSSOOOOO: i ustae have a we drawing of "Oor Wullie" as my avatar, or whatever it is called, and noo it is gone. I am wondering if it is due to copyright laws or is the auld imac jist being mair selective when it comes tae photaes or reproductions of drawings.

tam

Well spotted, tam. No avatars at all showing on this lap top and some, but not all, when using the other lap top. I've set my team of techies to work on the problem. Need to get Oor Wullie back if possibl. :)

I've no avatars here either, and hadn't even noticed til Tam mentioned it!!

I've no avatars here either, and hadn't even noticed til Tam mentioned it!!

Think you might have missed a wee messasge, lynnski. :rolleyes:

The technical guy (or gal) from the software company joined the forum today - the problem has not, as yet, been sorted out. Tam is aiming to resurrect Oor Wullie. I'm going to have a think about a new avatar. :)

Hope it won't be too much bother if everyone has to find a new one. Some folk like to change them periodically. If you are absolutely mad on the one you had then please raise your hand, or send a pm as some may still be in the system. Oor Wullie seems to have vanished.

Daddy Beckham explains all.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/beckham-reveals-meaning-of-harper-seven-name

Gone are the days when weans were called after grannies and grandads ... :lol:

Heavens! That took a lot of thought and a lot of explaining. :lol:

Mind you he sounds a happy man with his new wee girl. Although, I think he's forgotten that all new babies are "delicate."