Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
harper

Harper junior

Meet the newest arrival to the Harper family. To give this cat a home I have had to have two two interviews and a home vist. I was washing my kitchen floor, polishing the cat flap and plumping up cushions all morning. Short of being fingerprinted, I've been questioned about every aspect of my life. :lol:

The wee cutie arrives on Saturday. :D

http://www.mayhewani...scout/index.php

Meet the newest arrival to the Harper family. To give this cat a home I have had to have two two interviews and a home vist. I was washing my kitchen floor, polishing the cat flap and plumping up cushions all morning. Short of being fingerprinted, I've been questioned about every aspect of my life. :lol:

The wee cutie arrives on Saturday. :D

http://www.mayhewani...scout/index.php

Scout sure is cute, harper. Also very brave describing himself as a 'ginger boy'. It's good to know that such care is being taken with regard to scrutinising potential owners. Will he have a name change?

I loved my sister's wee Westie - Max. He was a rescued dog as well. People came to pick him up from the dog rescue organisation but they could only speak Spanish. They were asked to return with an English speaking person who could explain the circumstances and to bring proof of their address but they did not come back. Quite sad but he is in a happy home and much loved now.

I'll add his photograph when I get myself organised and look forward to hearing more about the ginger boy. :)

He will probably stay as Scout. He was named by the workmen who found him in an air conditiong unit. He has quite a fan club already. I had been showing folks at work the website and they were all texting me to ask how the interview had gone. I tell you,l I was really nervous. I think they hand over weans with less paperwork. It's a great wee animal home full to the gunnels with status dugs that look as if they are up for a scrap. I think the staff have great fun writing the animal profiles. Mr H laughs at the preferences.... owners at home full time to keep them company and their own private garden.... and all for sitting about yawning. :lol:

He will probably stay as Scout. He was named by the workmen who found him in an air conditiong unit. He has quite a fan club already. I had been showing folks at work the website and they were all texting me to ask how the interview had gone. I tell you,l I was really nervous. I think they hand over weans with less paperwork. It's a great wee animal home full to the gunnels with status dugs that look as if they are up for a scrap. I think the staff have great fun writing the animal profiles. Mr H laughs at the preferences.... owners at home full time to keep them company and their own private garden.... and all for sitting about yawning. :lol:

Quite right to have high expectations, harper. I'm sure you passed with flying colours. Does the cat have a say? :lol:

This is Max (he has a body as well). He is very lovable but has some strange tricks. Like hiding under cars in the driveway.

max-6568.jpg

Harper, I think you might find this useful in your new cat owning role:

Scout and I really enjoyed the video. He likes sitting beside the computer watching the letters appear as I type. On Staurday afternoon we watched a western and he like the sound of the horses hoofs. He likes toast and ice cream and has the whole hoose up for a play at 5am ... :rolleyes: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ err, he also like walking over the keyboard. :lol:

Day four and I think we have bonded ... :P I'll post a picture later.

Max looks like a great wee dug, btw - great lugs. I think the cat just said pfft!

Scout and I really enjoyed the video. He likes sitting beside the computer watching the letters appear as I type. On Staurday afternoon we watched a western and he like the sound of the horses hoofs. He likes toast and ice cream and has the whole hoose up for a play at 5am ... :rolleyes: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ err, he also like walking over the keyboard. :lol:

Day four and I think we have bonded ... :P I'll post a picture later.

Max looks like a great wee dug, btw - great lugs. I think the cat just said pfft!

So it's fair to say that Scout has had major impact. :lol:

Keep us posted and don't get too worn out. Looking forward to the photies.

275955_100002582841503_2661004_n.jpg

Harper junior, aka Scout, has completely floored us. We are all totally besotted with this little ball of cuteness... and to think I nearly got a dug. :lol:

264908_106387776123983_100002582841503_56472_4666763_n.jpg

275955_100002582841503_2661004_n.jpg

Harper junior, aka Scout, has completely floored us. We are all totally besotted with this little ball of cuteness... and to think I nearly got a dug. :lol:

264908_106387776123983_100002582841503_56472_4666763_n.jpg

Hope that's not a mouse he's got there. :lol:

Very nice, Harper. But they don't stay kittens and be prepared as he'll soon be looking down his nose at you with varying degrees of disdain. That's cats for you.

My Missy was a tiny wee stray, nae front claws. The kids brought her intae the hoose and I wasn't supposed to know. I didn't for the first few days but she came calling, lay on my chest when i was sleeping one off. The girls were whispering that she would wake. I was awake and the fact that she didn't bite me was surprising because she was in attack mode for most of her furst year with us....seems she bit everyone of my family and anyone who visited.

We had her for 27 years and many nights she would wake my wife so that she would be at the door when I came of the road; nae idea how she knew I was on my way hame.

She died two years before Sasha and they are buried a few feet frae each other.

I have been truly blest with wonderful animals......I dinnae want anymair because ahm no very mature when they die.

tam

I wished I was on my imac and I wished I had a wee apartment tae mahsel.

Ehm, mibee no aw the time with jist mahsel

Well done Harper....high praise from a man thit kens aboot photaes.

tam

I can't take any of the praise, Tam. Mr H took the photograph - along with the hundred others ... :lol:

I've got claw marks in ma curtains, teeth and scratch marks all over my hands - thank goodness the kitten phase passes quickly, Canny Lass.

Pat, the feathers fell off a catnip toy, so far, with the exception of my hands, everything that has been ripped to shreds has been inainimate..

I can't take any of the praise, Tam. Mr H took the photograph - along with the hundred others ... :lol:

I've got claw marks in ma curtains, teeth and scratch marks all over my hands - thank goodness the kitten phase passes quickly, Canny Lass.

Pat, the feathers fell off a catnip toy, so far, with the exception of my hands, everything that has been ripped to shreds has been inainimate..

You'll need to buy some of those gloves that the falconry people wear. :lol:

My friend's cat likes to bring in presents through their cat flap in the conservatory. Usually mice and birds but they got a bit of a shock when he brought their neighbour's pet snake in. I am terrified of mice but I was the brave soul who returned the snake unharmed to their garden. I picked it up on a small branch off a tree and balanced it on that. Tricky! A bit like the egg and spoon race.

The cat's face was tripping it. :lol:

Am using the (Windsor Ontario) library computer....nae idea whit am daein as tae living accommodations but thinkin of jist stayin in Windsor, wid much sooner stay in Ridgetown but thinkin of taking anithur uni course.....dinnae ask cos ah've nae idea whit am daein.

nearly finished a book by Demnise...she uses "sloped in" at least three times and describe a MAN as "sashaying"...the lassie needs a new editor and someone should tell her that she isnae competing with Rankin (he has a proven track record and brilliantly has sustained a level of excellence with ONE central character) his last Rebus book (Exit Music ???) was as guid as the first. She should mibee leave Val McDermitt tae compete with King and she should get in touch we the lassie thit wrote "Exile" and thon play thit Pat took me tae.

A disjointed post...ay...well.

tam

am a couple of weeks afore getting hooked up with an ISP.

Am using the (Windsor Ontario) library computer....nae idea whit am daein as tae living accommodations but thinkin of jist stayin in Windsor, wid much sooner stay in Ridgetown but thinkin of taking anithur uni course.....dinnae ask cos ah've nae idea whit am daein.

nearly finished a book by Demnise...she uses "sloped in" at least three times and describe a MAN as "sashaying"...the lassie needs a new editor and someone should tell her that she isnae competing with Rankin (he has a proven track record and brilliantly has sustained a level of excellence with ONE central character) his last Rebus book (Exit Music ???) was as guid as the first. She should mibee leave Val McDermitt tae compete with King and she should get in touch we the lassie thit wrote "Exile" and thon play thit Pat took me tae.

A disjointed post...ay...well.

tam

am a couple of weeks afore getting hooked up with an ISP.

Tam, let's discuss the merits of Rankin v Mina on the book thread. :)

Hope you get your accommodation sorted out soon. Are you thinking of getting a wee dog or cat when you get settled?

Tam, let's discuss the merits of Rankin v Mina on the book thread. :)

Hope you get your accommodation sorted out soon. Are you thinking of getting a wee dog or cat when you get settled?

Well, it did cross my mind but i cannae.....the wee beastie wid be hame alone far too often. mind I cuid mibee have a twice weekly bridge session in the house and the beastie wid have loads of company.

the thing aboot animals is that I am very much aware that they give far mare than they get and am an awfy sissie when they die.

tam