Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you Sam if you genuinely see nothing wrong with drunken louts taking over a public park, and then choose to blame the police for any trouble that ensues :angry: .

Your defense of the behaviour of drunken louts is as fanciful and irrational as your arguments in favour of Scottish independence :rolleyes:

I don't think there actually was that much trouble, borderlass. Helluva mess mind you.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/04/29/video-violence-flares-at-kelvingrove-park-party-86908-23096288/

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you Sam if you genuinely see nothing wrong with drunken louts taking over a public park, and then choose to blame the police for any trouble that ensues :angry: .

Your defense of the behaviour of drunken louts is as fanciful and irrational as your arguments in favour of Scottish independence :rolleyes:

Good for you dear.

I don't think there actually was that much trouble, borderlass. Helluva mess mind you.

Eh?? Eleven polices officers were injured and one taken to hospital with a head injury, blood streaming down his face. From various reports across the papers and comments from some of those who were present, while the majority of folk just wanted a good time there was a significant group looking for trouble. It seems that a number of fights had already been breaking out across the park before the police intervened. According to the toilet attendant, a police officer was punched in the face while trying to restrain a drunken woman who was involved in a fight. From the amount of broken glass still in the park, it's clear that report of bottles being lobbed through the air are not exaggerated.

According to this report at one point on Friday night it was the most read article on the BBC website - fair makes you proud to be Scottish :angry:

Eh?? Eleven polices officers were injured and one taken to hospital with a head injury, blood streaming down his face. From various reports across the papers and comments from some of those who were present, while the majority of folk just wanted a good time there was a significant group looking for trouble. It seems that a number of fights had already been breaking out across the park before the police intervened. According to the toilet attendant, a police officer was punched in the face while trying to restrain a drunken woman who was involved in a fight. From the amount of broken glass still in the park, it's clear that report of bottles being lobbed through the air are not exaggerated.

According to this report at one point on Friday night it was the most read article on the BBC website - fair makes you proud to be Scottish :angry:

Might have been a significant group, borderlass, but a very small group. It wasn't the riot that was reported and pretty ridiculous that it was considered world class news. You might have thought that Syria would have been considered more of an issue.

The most read article on BBC!!! No doesn't make you proud at all but does make you wonder.

Shoot the designer... laugh.gif

Janet Street Porter in yesterday's Independent, "Camiilla looked like a battle ship we can no longer afford." laugh.gif

Janet Street Porter should really avoid making comments about people's looks.

Wasn't that lucky the Royal Couple decided against taking their honeymoon in Jordan B)

Shoot the designer... laugh.gif

Janet Street Porter in yesterday's Independent, "Camiilla looked like a battle ship we can no longer afford." laugh.gif

'Shoot the designer' right enough, harper. Has there ever been so much money spent on looking so daft. Some of those outfits are hysterical.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1382443/Royal-wedding-2011-Princess-Beatrice-Eugenie-fashion-flops-again.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Where did they get those hats:

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/galleries/TMG8481489/Royal-wedding-fashion-hats-and-fascinators.html

I hope Catherine's of Partick are not thinking of following the trends. B)

Daftness right enough but I do have to say London is the cheeriest of places this weekend. I don't often go but I dragged myself up to Selfridges yesterday and the atmosphere was as camp as hell. I have never heard so many blokes talking about a frock...laugh.gif

I hung about, had a makeover at the Bobbi Brown counter, had a long gab with a woman visiting from overseas and heard all about the Selfrdiges Royal Family that had toured the store during the wedding. Seriosuly, the atmosphere was really quite joyous. Usually, I would be in and out in a flash, elbowing my way through folk even grumpier than maself. laugh.gif