Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

What a scare!

I was waiting for Caitlin's mum to bring her up for a wee birthday tea this afternoon. She is eleven today. They were to arrive at three o'clock, when it got to four o'clock and still no sign of them I started to get worried so I sent a text but received no answer. Michael eventually phoned half an hour later to say that they had been in a crash on Great Western Road and that Caitlin had to be checked out at hospital.

Eventually they arrived here at 7 p.m; thankfully in good spirits and just a bit achy. However, the driver that crashed into the back of them has been charged with dangerous driving. They were sitting at the lights when he rammed into the back of them in his work's van. Looks like the car is a right off.

The birthday tea turned into dinner so they are away home with the sandwiches and masses of rice krispie cakes and fairy cakes that Ryan and I made this afternoon. Caitlin's neck is pretty sore and will probably be worse tomorrow but she was very taken on with the doctors and nurses at Yorkhill who sang Happy Birthday to her.

She won't forget her eleventh birthday in a hurry. Neither will her mum.

I was waiting for Caitlin's mum to bring her up for a wee birthday tea this afternoon. She is eleven today. They were to arrive at three o'clock, when it got to four o'clock and still no sign of them I started to get worried so I sent a text but received no answer. Michael eventually phoned half an hour later to say that they had been in a crash on Great Western Road and that Caitlin had to be checked out at hospital.

Eventually they arrived here at 7 p.m; thankfully in good spirits and just a bit achy. However, the driver that crashed into the back of them has been charged with dangerous driving. They were sitting at the lights when he rammed into the back of them in his work's van. Looks like the car is a right off.

The birthday tea turned into dinner so they are away home with the sandwiches and masses of rice krispie cakes and fairy cakes that Ryan and I made this afternoon. Caitlin's neck is pretty sore and will probably be worse tomorrow but she was very taken on with the doctors and nurses at Yorkhill who sang Happy Birthday to her.

She won't forget her eleventh birthday in a hurry. Neither will her mum.

It would be the peach schnapps on it's own, Maggs. :lol: I broke out and had real tea instead of my usual herbal. :)

Thanks folk, truly amazing that no-one was seriously hurt. Also on the bright side, the police, the para medics and the hospital staff at Yorkhill were all 'amazing'.

Caitlin was well enough to want her photograph taken with her new Paul's Boutique jacket and bag. Thankfully her party with her wee friends was not today.

It would be the peach schnapps on it's own, Maggs. :lol: I broke out and had real tea instead of my usual herbal. :lol:

Thanks folk, truly amazing that no-one was seriously hurt. Also on the bright side, the police, the para medics and the hospital staff at Yorkhill were all 'amazing'.

Caitlin was well enough to want her photograph taken with her new Paul's Boutique jacket and bag. Thankfully her party with her wee friends was not today.

Sorry to hear about this, Pat. I hope the wee girl has no lasting effects.