Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Dexter St. Clair

Pat's problem page

Well, we'll have to see. *leaves wee trail of nuts...* smile.gif

Well, let's hope that solves one wee problem. :lol:

Guest Mr Harper

Dear Aunty Pat,

He used to post. He used to banter... (sniff sniff) I could fair sense his wee squirrily chist puffin' oot sometimes as he delivered another snappy line - a witty and urbane wee rodent if ever there wiz wan. These days, he disnae utter a peep, just sits in his dray playin wae his nuts ... not a chirrup or a line. sad.gif

I would have thought there were enough nuts roon here to keep him happy. Do you think if I changed my name from Harper to Hazel it might entice him back?

Here's one I prepared earlier.

5236231426_b7909f49b8.jpg

Here's one I prepared earlier.

5236231426_b7909f49b8.jpg

Naw, you've obviously never seen his avie mug shot. Anyway, I'm sure that's a lassie squirrel.

Guest Mr Harper

Naw, you've obviously never seen his avie mug shot. Anyway, I'm sure that's a lassie squirrel.

Nooo, bound to be a bloke squirrel; just about to get his tail caught in that gate. That's deffo an XY chromosome kinda thing.

It looks quite big and a wee bit scary.

It looks quite big and a wee bit scary.

Looks like a jessie compared to the original, slightly deranged looking speciman ... laugh.gif

Aye, there hangs a tail.

:) I certainly hope so, HH. Never gonna balance up those trees without one.

Dear Aunty Pat,

He used to post. He used to banter... (sniff sniff) I could fair sense his wee squirrily chist puffin' oot sometimes as he delivered another snappy line - a witty and urbane wee rodent if ever there wiz wan. These days, he disnae utter a peep, just sits in his dray playin wae his nuts ... not a chirrup or a line. sad.gif

I would have thought there were enough nuts roon here to keep him happy. Do you think if I changed my name from Harper to Hazel it might entice him back?

You'll have no doubt noticed Mr Squirrel posting, harper. Hope that's all your problems solved.

I have one myself. I don't have a direct debit set up for my telephone account with BT, when I haven't paid on time I get an automated call. It says if I haven't paid the bill that I 'can pay it now'. Fortunately I have my debit card to hand. However, it turns out that in order to pay I need to then put in my account number. I don't have that so I am offered a further alternative, to put in the exact amount I owe.

Does anyone really have this information to hand?

I locate the bill and call back. The voice offers several choices, press one, or two etc. I make my choice then you get several more. It's irritating. Eventually I am instructed to tap in the account number, next the amount I am paying. Then the long card no and security code. I find this very nerve racking and feel that I may inadvertently add an extra digit and pay far too much or make a mistake and have to go through the whole process again.

I wish you could speak to a real person when you telephone. I think it would be easier, faster and the company would be more likely to get their money. I really need to set up a direct debit but I can't yet face telephoning to make that arrangement. I expect it's going to be complicated. Too, too stressful. I need to remember to pay on time.

You'll have no doubt noticed Mr Squirrel posting, harper. Hope that's all your problems solved.

I have one myself. I don't have a direct debit set up for my telephone account with BT, when I haven't paid on time I get an automated call. It says if I haven't paid the bill that I 'can pay it now'. Fortunately I have my debit card to hand. However, it turns out that in order to pay I need to then put in my account number. I don't have that so I am offered a further alternative, to put in the exact amount I owe.

Does anyone really have this information to hand?

I locate the bill and call back. The voice offers several choices, press one, or two etc. I make my choice then you get several more. It's irritating. Eventually I am instructed to tap in the account number, next the amount I am paying. Then the long card no and security code. I find this very nerve racking and feel that I may inadvertently add an extra digit and pay far too much or make a mistake and have to go through the whole process again.

I wish you could speak to a real person when you telephone. I think it would be easier, faster and the company would be more likely to get their money. I really need to set up a direct debit but I can't yet face telephoning to make that arrangement. I expect it's going to be complicated. Too, too stressful. I need to remember to pay on time.

Ah, such is modern life. Designed to torture the life out of us. Actually, you can refuse to play the game by just pressing 0. In the majority of cases, this will bring an operator online. Failing that, delegate honey, d e l e g a t e *mu-wuh!*

Ah, such is modern life. Designed to torture the life out of us. Actually, you can refuse to play the game by just pressing 0. In the majority of cases, this will bring an operator online. Failing that, delegate honey, d e l e g a t e *mu-wuh!*

I'm a bit short on the ground with people to delegate to but I can certainly try that 'O'. Can't wait actually. :lol:

Dear Aunty at,

Just wanted to let you know the trail of nuts worked a treat.... It was short, it was dramtic but Sgriob was definately in the building. biggrin.gif

Dear Aunty at,

Just wanted to let you know the trail of nuts worked a treat.... It was short, it was dramtic but Sgriob was definately in the building. biggrin.gif

That particular ploy worked well, harper. :lol:

Equilibrium restored in our household today. The library reopened - they had no heating hence they were shut. My favourite librarian was on holiday so she missed the extra days off but we had a wee chat and I have my Christmas reading organised.

Even managed to stretch my legs today and took a walk along to the new M & S on Great Western Road. It's going to be a major asset and lots of delicious stuff in for Christmas.

Little things can lift your spirits. :lol: