Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Dumbarton Rd. Partick - captured !

I have documented the Partick section of Dumbarton road and here's the website :

glasgowstreet.org

4611266936_2fd920cbe8.jpg

Any feedback - please feel free.

I'd like to add people's stories to the project too, so if you have any stories about living on this part of Dumbarton Road, or any amazing events that happened, please let me know !

cheers ! Ian

HH:

Does the man REALLY want stories ? And if yes, how much censorship is the story teller gonnae encounter: behind the shop fronts of Dumbarton Road a hundred and twenty-seven stories are dying tae be told.....honest.

tam

I should be back in Ridgetown by the middle of the week.

tam

It appears that "Scots Law" are much the same as other bar associarions; there tae protect the solicitors......but we are not done.

I think we have at least one forum member very familiar with Dumbarton Road.:lol:

Mind you hope they'll also share any exciting events with us. :)

Keep us posted on how it's going, Ian.

Thanks Lone !

Well, it was just a matter of always photographing on an overcast day, from the same distance, with the same focal length, waiting till cars get out of the way and repeated visits to certain parts until I have it all captured. 350 photos in all.

Then stitching it together in Photoshop.

I hoped to get it printed (4" high x 40 meters long) and have an exhibition, but I couldn't find funding or a venue.

I originally had the idea back in Melbourne, where I'm from, but never got around to it.

cheers ! Ian.

Thanks Lone !

Well, it was just a matter of always photographing on an overcast day, from the same distance, with the same focal length, waiting till cars get out of the way and repeated visits to certain parts until I have it all captured. 350 photos in all.

Then stitching it together in Photoshop.

I hoped to get it printed (4" high x 40 meters long) and have an exhibition, but I couldn't find funding or a venue.

I originally had the idea back in Melbourne, where I'm from, but never got around to it.

cheers ! Ian.

Ooooh, we got techie talk.... tongue.gif

So, what brings a guy from the warm sunny climes of Melbourne to the drafty location of Dumbarton Road, Ian? I would be intereted to hear what sparked your interest in Parktick.

So, what brings a guy from the warm sunny climes of Melbourne to the drafty location of Dumbarton Road, Ian? I would be intereted to hear what sparked your interest in Parktick.

Oh, I came as a package, my partner has been employed here, but our 5 yrs is almost up.

With photography not earning me anything here, I thought I'd get stuck into a project anyway, and documenting is always my thing. Seeing the history of Glasgow and how it's changing is interesting.

Also how places handle 'regeneration' is close to my heart - in StKilda, the part of Melbourne we're from, it's also called 'gentrification' and if not managed, just forces the lowest paid out of an area while it tries to make itself 'renewed'.

It's been great to see Scotland and also to jump over to visit Europe !

Ian.

Well, it was just a matter of always photographing on an overcast day..

Ah well that bit ought to have been easy enough. Glasgow is good at overcast days. biggrin.gif

waiting till cars get out of the way...

That bit not quite so easy, I think.

Impressive stuff. Well done, you! smile.gif