Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Hingmie

Which old topics have you re read recently and chortled at ?d

I was just browsing Dragon's den to see what I may have missed being an intermittent user. Ended up laughing like an eejit at a fairly recent thread. HH's - Two Questions. HH, never go away from here as your humour and wit is a joy ! :lol:

:lol: Got to agree, Hingmie. Frequently he has me in stitches. Some of his more absurd posts have me laughing so much that I'm greetin'.

He can be cheeky though. Fancy telling folk to 'away and bile yir heid'. :lol:

:lol: Got to agree, Hingmie. Frequently he has me in stitches. Some of his more absurd posts have me laughing so much that I'm greetin'.

He can be cheeky though. Fancy telling folk to 'away and bile yir heid'. :lol:

Common parlance where we came from as teens, usually followed by "in a pot". Don't know from where or why it came into usage during an argie bargie but can be quite effective in drawing a halt to one, imo :D

Common parlance where we came from as teens, usually followed by "in a pot". Don't know from where or why it came into usage during an argie bargie but can be quite effective in drawing a halt to one, imo :lol:

That must be instead of 'in a tinny'.

One of the old and very long threads that has lots of funny stuff is the video thread: http://www.glasgowwestend.co.uk/yabbse/index.php?/topic/1913-the-video-thread/page__st__560

Although shame that at lot of the earlier stuff got wiped out when YouTube made some changes.

the music thread:

See the one with Willie......I recognized a few of the listeners, Kristopherson is near the man thit tried tae rob the nine tae five woman and noo I cannae remember his name, Porter Wagner, mibee....and the fella behind Willie is Mickey Gilley, saloon owner and cousin tae, Jerry Lee Lewis and Jimmy Swaggart (the minister).

tam

am surprised they let Willie play the guitar and is that no a twelve string ?

the music thread:

See the one with Willie......I recognized a few of the listeners, Kristopherson is near the man thit tried tae rob the nine tae five woman and noo I cannae remember his name, Porter Wagner, mibee....and the fella behind Willie is Mickey Gilley, saloon owner and cousin tae, Jerry Lee Lewis and Jimmy Swaggart (the minister).

tam

am surprised they let Willie play the guitar and is that no a twelve string ?

Think we've had a few music threads, tam, including:

What's the best pop song ever written?

Songs about Fire

The Lyrics Thread

Best Album in last 30 years

Maist boggin song/video

Albums of the Year

Desert Island Discs

My favourite:

Aw H, you missed the golden days when JJ & Paladin were going at it hammer & tongs, Rolo keeping the peace atween them & Westie stringing two sentences together without her heid exploding, took me months to stop lurking and actualy join in I was so terrified. I still miss Paladin, he was a member over on HG a few years ago before he got banned. :lol:

Pat, Paladin had two names on here, what was the other one?

Aw H, you missed the golden days when JJ & Paladin were going at it hammer & tongs, Rolo keeping the peace atween them & Westie stringing two sentences together without her heid exploding, took me months to stop lurking and actualy join in I was so terrified. I still miss Paladin, he was a member over on HG a few years ago before he got banned. :lol:

Pat, Paladin had two names on here, what was the other one?

Sorry, HH, can't remember. I have completely wiped that particular slate. The best thing about having a rotten memory is that no matter how upsetting something is eventually you forget all about it. :)

JJ will probably know.

Och, naw, they were good times, no bile, no bitterness, the stooshies were mostly about 'Which is best, CD's or LP's?' :lol:

Och, naw, they were good times, no bile, no bitterness, the stooshies were mostly about 'Which is best, CD's or LP's?' :lol:

What made you join, HH? Some people definitely enjoy the stooshies.

I mainly joined because I fell in love with JJ (I am confident in my sexuality, btw) & Rolo (Who I thought was a girl at the time)

I mainly joined because I fell in love with JJ (I am confident in my sexuality, btw) & Rolo (Who I thought was a girl at the time)

Everybody fell in love with JJ. Now he's playing hard to get - hold off!

Forgive me all my internet etiquette faux pas. I laugh, snicker and guffaw at the posts everyone else hurls abuse at. I cannot believe that some men and woman need to make people see their opinion and grunt, dig, bully to make a point......

I don't really care what anyones point is. Unless it's the same as mine.

But see the sweet posts....the ones wae weans and stuff, love them to bits. See the music posts and nostalgia ones,love them to bits. I giggle at the simple posts and the very cheeky tongue in cheek but oh so getting to the point in a very subtle way posts. It's like watching Shrek. The weans don't get half of what the adults are laughing at. :lol: Not yet.

Forgive me all my internet etiquette faux pas. I laugh, snicker and guffaw at the posts everyone else hurls abuse at. I cannot believe that some men and woman need to make people see their opinion and grunt, dig, bully to make a point......

I don't really care what anyones point is. Unless it's the same as mine.

But see the sweet posts....the ones wae weans and stuff, love them to bits. See the music posts and nostalgia ones,love them to bits. I giggle at the simple posts and the very cheeky tongue in cheek but oh so getting to the point in a very subtle way posts. It's like watching Shrek. The weans don't get half of what the adults are laughing at. :D Not yet.

:lol: :lol: You're a tonic, Snow White.

Mind you, I don't think I get all of Shrek.

For me it's all about the posters.

I regret never having seen the legendery postings of Cringer Tom.

I loved Sgriob and HH instantly and still do to this day.

Rosa drove me to distraction - the long winded one who was here for months

As a newbie, I was convinced Westender was a retired schoolteacher with a tweed skirt

I loved Pianopete and saw him in the Chip once but was too shy to go over and speak to him

And then there is everybody else, past and present:)

My favourite thread was a short one about the Blue Angels with links to photographs of the old Blues in Glasgow. I recgonised quite a few from the Happy/Red? Dragon on Maryhill Road - all respectable IT consultants by day ... laugh.gif

For me it's all about the posters.

I regret never having seen the legendery postings of Cringer Tom.

I loved Sgriob and HH instantly and still do to this day.

Rosa drove me to distraction - the long winded one who was here for months

As a newbie, I was convinced Westender was a retired schoolteacher with a tweed skirt

I loved Pianopete and saw him in the Chip once but was too shy to go over and speak to him

And then there is everybody else, past and present:)

My favourite thread was a short one about the Blue Angels with links to photographs of the old Blues in Glasgow. I recgonised quite a few from the Happy/Red? Dragon on Maryhill Road - all respectable IT consultants by day ... laugh.gif

:lol: I can't remember the Blue Angels Thread but that sound like a cracker.

I'ts Roza with a Z you're talking aboot, harper.

Pianopete is a popular and very amicable fella.

One of the threads that made me chortle and does still is the one about Snow White's Chrissie presents:

http://www.glasgowwestend.co.uk/yabbse/index.php?/topic/6821-christmas-pressies-for-you-all-to-open-christmas-day/