Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

What's On the Tele

I think he is just supporting the equally mad (and middle class) Sue Rabbit Roff, another academic that needs to get out into the real world

Looks like it, samsc. Strange notions - hope they're more on the ball regarding ethics when their students put in their thesis proposals.

I've added a thread for discussion of the topic:

I'm gonna enjoy this: Beechgrove Garden, River Kelvin and Maryhill. BBC1 now. :)

I'm gonna enjoy this: Beechgrove Garden, River Kelvin and Maryhill. BBC1 now. :)

It was great right enough. Mind you you can get the impression that they're in a world up their own at the Beechgrove Garden - tonight Lesley Watson was worried about the 'dangelation' of some of their plants. She meant that they weren't growing down over the wall. :)

Tonight BBC4 at 9.15 p.m.

70s Gold - The Old Grey Whistle Test

Roxy Music, David Bowie, Curtis Mayfield - Happy Days! :)

If you haven't seen it you should try to catch Stephen Fry on Sundays BBC2 with his Planet Word. His exploration of language is extremely interesting and entertaining.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/sep/23/tv-review-frys-planet-word

Planet Word on at 9 p.m. BBC2. Great programme with Armando Iannucci tonight. All about swearing. He should know. :lol:

I sometimes find there are too many dirges on Transatlantic Sessions but looking good tonight with Bela Fleck's banjo and Jerry Douglas with his resonator. BBC2 7.30 p.m.

Enjoyed watching the Transatlantic Sessions this morning on the BBC iPlayer:

http://bbc.in/oiHwwi

Jimbo

Kirsty Wark one of the finalists in Masterchef. BBC1 now.

She wasn't the winner but came close. Good old Kirsty.

Did any of you watch The Slap? One you adjust to the Australian accents it's looking promising. There coul dbe plenty of sunshine and barbies to help you through the cold days.

I also watched Junior Apprentice. Most of the weans look like pratts.

Watched the first episode of The Slap last night, Canny Lass. Don't know that I will tune in for the rest. I can't abide annoying middle class couples wae whiney weans and sadly, Landan is just full of them. :lol:

Watched the first episode of The Slap last night, Canny Lass. Don't know that I will tune in for the rest. I can't abide annoying middle class couples wae whiney weans and sadly, Landan is just full of them. :lol:

I'll be watching it harper. Hector with all his human weaknesses is my kind of character and think the Greek component will be interesting.

I'll be watching it harper. Hector with all his human weaknesses is my kind of character and think the Greek component will be interesting.

I read Tsiolkas' book a while back and enjoyed it so meant to watch The Slap but forgot it was on last night. The story of my life. :lol: I've checked and you can get it on IPlayer so will catch up. I see Melissa George is in it - haven't heard of her for ages.

Just coming on. Forty years on:

Imagine: Simon & Garfunkel – The Harmony Game

10.35pm, BBC1

BBC 2 9pm tonight

Arena: George Harrison - Living in the material world

2/2

Tuned in last night half way through but top telly ... B):)

Anybody else watching?

BBC 2 9pm tonight

Arena: George Harrison - Living in the material world

2/2

Tuned in last night half way through but top telly ... B):)

Anybody else watching?

Just caught the first half, harper. We recorded it but didn't realise there were two parts to it. Super but very long.

I've laughed my head off at Harry Hill tonight. He is the funniest man. His sketch peeping out of Lady Gaga's dress was hilarious. And how she came up with the headless frock design I will never know. The lassie can't be faulted on any lack of imagination. :lol:

Doesn't seem to be much on the box these days. Any pointers will be appreciated.

However, last night we watched play it again Vidal Sassoon - How One Man Changed The World

What a character. He looks more like sixty than eighty-one and an excellent example of rags to riches. I love all the 60s stuff. Takes ye back! :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/video/2011/may/03/vidal-sassoon-documentary-video-clip

My internet connection has been dodgy all weekend so I watched a couple of films. Second time round for Vanilla Sky and first for The Golden Compass..... Loved them both. :D

Now, if everyone could just stop logging on for online shopping, I might get some work done... :lol:

I watched Golden Compass in the cinema and watched it again last night and I am afraid my first opinion of it did not change - a complete Turkey.

Away wae yurself. It was good escapist fun. I thought you would have loved the big flying machine. If it was that rubbish why'd you watch it twice? :lol:

Liza Minnelli on the Graham Norton show tonight, BBC1 10.30pm - should be a good combo ...smile.gif

Good shout Harper. Although the noise on these shows is unbelievable. Did anyone see Alan Carr last night. He had the judges on from Strictly Come Dancing. All of them except Len. It might have been a good idea to have him along. Aleesha was a bit chavvy and what a racket. I must be getting old.

I caught the bit where Craig was dancing a charleston. Couldn't help but notice he was wearing wee high heeled boots, cuban heels I think they call them (Willie will put me right). Have to hand it to him, he was slick.... :lol: