Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

What's On the Tele

It seems as though the television has been pretty rotten all through the Summer months. However, I'm delighted that we have The Apprentice back again. Just started last week. I'm also hoping to watch The Event with Jason Ritter (grandson of Tex Ritter)and boyfriend of Marianna Palka, West End girl, whose movie 'Poor Dick' did so well at the Film Festivals in 2008.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/video/2010/sep/20/channel-4-the-event

Then harper has alerted us to David Tennant in Single Father.

http://www.glasgowwestend.co.uk/yabbse/index.php?/topic/7640-single-father/

The nights are fair drawin' in. Any recommendations to add to the list:

The Apprentice

The Event

Single Father

It seems as though the television has been pretty rotten all through the Summer months. However, I'm delighted that we have The Apprentice back again. Just started last week. I'm also hoping to watch The Event with Jason Ritter (grandson of Tex Ritter)and boyfriend of Marianna Palka, West End girl, whose movie 'Poor Dick' did so well at the Film Festivals in 2008.

http://www.guardian....nel-4-the-event

Then harper has alerted us to David Tennant in Single Father.

http://www.glasgowwe...-single-father/

The Apprentice

The Event

Single Father

My daily dose of Family Guy BBC3 11pm (ish)

I don't often spend a Saturday in the house by myself but last week I had the opportunity and spent the afternoon watching films on Channel 5. Calamity Jane, again !!! but always a mood lifter and French Kiss which I also enjoyed but can't remember the storyline now ! See this memory, tis fading fast. Funny thing is that I can't always remember WHAT was happening but can remember HOW I felt.

I watched the first "An Idiot Abroad" before heading back here to work and thought it was brilliant. Karl Pilkington was visiting the Great Wall of China and giving his own take on the whole experience.

To be honest, I wasn't always sure whether he was being genuinely and naturally funny, or if some of it was scripted between him, Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant.

Either way, I've got Mrs Jumjoogler recording the show while I'm away, so will be watching it all when I get back. I believe he's been to the Taj Mahal and Petra since I've been over here, so my guess is he may be visiting the Seven Modern Wonders of the World.

Worth tuning in, as it's informative as well as very funny. I think it's on every Thursday, but not sure which channel.

Guest Mr Harper

The Apprentice

The Event

Single Father

Nobody watching Lip Service, BBC3?

Nobody watching Lip Service, BBC3?

I know. Set in Glasgow, featuring the entanglements of four women and no Gwendies watching. I think they were waiting for someone else to break cover and declare a guilty pleasure, And along came you.

I know. Set in Glasgow, featuring the entanglements of four women and no Gwendies watching. I think they were waiting for someone else to break cover and declare a guilty pleasure, And along came you.

Not at all, Dex. I've previously admitted to River City. B)

Thank you, Mr H. Did you say what night it's on?

Guest Mr Harper

Not at all, Dex. I've previously admitted to River City. B)

Thank you, Mr H. Did you say what night it's on?

New episodes on Tuesdays at 22.30(6 in all) ... but as with many BBC3 programmes, if you're an insomniac, it's on in the wee small hours all week -_-

First episode and synopsis on iPlayer here and scroll to the bottom for repeat times this week. Could have a 'spot the locations' competition.

New episodes on Tuesdays at 22.30(6 in all) ... but as with many BBC3 programmes, if you're an insomniac, it's on in the wee small hours all week -_-

First episode and synopsis on iPlayer here and scroll to the bottom for repeat times this week. Could have a 'spot the locations' competition.

Thanks, Mr H. I tend to treat any insomnia with reading but could always record the programme.

Will definitely check it out.

I can get pretty worked up when spotting locations - like in Taggart. B)

Thanks, Mr H. I tend to treat any insomnia with reading but could always record the programme.

Will definitely check it out.

I can get pretty worked up when spotting locations - like in Taggart. laugh.gif

I dragged Mr H over to the telly to show him the red chucky stains in the driveway of the hoose in "Single Father" I can get quite emotional about Scottish pavements and gravel. laugh.gif

New episodes on Tuesdays at 22.30(6 in all) ... but as with many BBC3 programmes, if you're an insomniac, it's on in the wee small hours all week B)

Thanks for that Mr H have just set the timer for it

I dragged Mr H over to the telly to show him the red chucky stains in the driveway of the hoose in "Single Father" I can get quite emotional about Scottish pavements and gravel. laugh.gif

B) How do you cope with the blonde sandstone tenements?

All set for my first 'Single Father' experience. Will watch out for red chucky stanes.:lol:

All set for my first 'Single Father' experience. Will watch out for red chucky stanes.:lol:

Quite enjoyed the programme, David Tennant and Suranne Jones are both very good actors but the wee girl may well steal the show. Her teenage sister is not quite so endearing and rather wooden. I've got the feeling that it won't be the best but long way off the worse.

Also watched 'Lip Service' on the Iplayer yesterday. I would have more locations to spot and not quite so many lust scenes. Having said that the Frankie character is probably the best thing it has going for it. It's not exactly the most believable of dramas.

Quite enjoyed the programme, David Tennant and Suranne Jones are both very good actors but the wee girl may well steal the show. Her teenage sister is not quite so endearing and rather wooden. I've got the feeling that it won't be the best but long way off the worse.

Also watched 'Lip Service' on the Iplayer yesterday. I would have more locations to spot and not quite so many lust scenes. Having said that the Frankie character is probably the best thing it has going for it. It's not exactly the most believable of dramas.

Got to admit, hunders and thousands of red chucky staines... where is that fabulous house? Evie is adorable xxxx

... And what a cliff hanger!

I'm just catching up on the Apprentice. smile.gif

Act, the telly, not 'tele' btw. :lol:

Anyone see the first two hour episode of 'Pillars of the Earth' ?

No? Serves yoose right.

Fairly soon I am going to be introducing my 'picks' of the 'following' week, those who miss out on this not to be missed event will rue the day, that's all I'm saying for now.

This service will also be available for those with B&W telly's, see me Hingmy? See inclusive? :D

Act, the telly, not 'tele' btw. :rolleyes:

Anyone see the first two hour episode of 'Pillars of the Earth' ?

No? Serves yoose right.

Dammit. I heard Ian McShane was in a new costume drama.

Fairly soon I am going to be introducing my 'picks' of the 'following' week, those who miss out on this not to be missed event will rue the day, that's all I'm saying for now.

This service will also be available for those with B&W telly's, see me Hingmy? See inclusive? :D

Excellent news. Will look forward to that, HH. What night will it go up?

No idea where that gorgeous hoose is, harper. Pretty good cliffhanger right enough.

I'm just catching up on the Apprentice. smile.gif

Are those girls bitchy or what?

I haven't spotted any stand out characters as yet and don't think that the lovely Karen is nearly so entertaining as Margaret.

Are those girls bitchy or what?

I haven't spotted any stand out characters as yet and don't think that the lovely Karen is nearly so entertaining as Margaret.

My idea of hell would be working with any of these people, male or female, including Alan Sugar ... laugh.gif

I thought Nick and Margaret were a great team. Karan isn't a patch on Margaret.

My idea of hell would be working with any of these people, male or female, including Alan Sugar ... laugh.gif

Aye, a bit scary. Wouldn't mind working beside Harry Hill though. Plenty of laughs. None of this crew are looking too funny but early days - there could be a James among them just waiting to reveal himself.

I thought Nick and Margaret were a great team. Karan isn't a patch on Margaret.

They were 'a great team', harper. Both have very expressive faces, now Karren is not exactly expressive.

Although after she appeared in Junior Apprentice she did criticize herself as being 'too posh' and 'too fat'.

http://theapprentice.tellymix.co.uk/2010/news/12651-karren-brady-confesses-im-so-posh-%E2%80%93-and-so-fat.html

9pm Tuesdays, BBC 3 Don't tell the bride...

Love it ... biggrin.gif

She wanted a traditional Nigerian wedding in a church with a reception in a castle. He arranged a civil ceremony in a college and a chinese food menu and nearly had her arrive on a big tin elephant..... fabulous.

Would any bride in their right mind allow the groom to arrange their wedding and turn up sight unseen? laugh.gif

9pm Tuesdays, BBC 3 Don't tell the bride...

Love it ... biggrin.gif

She wanted a traditional Nigerian wedding in a church with a reception in a castle. He arranged a civil ceremony in a college and a chinese food menu and nearly had her arrive on a big tin elephant..... fabulous.

Would any bride in their right mind allow the groom to arrange their wedding and turn up sight unseen? laugh.gif

Yep, when the wedding is being paid for by the telly folk ! It is also HIS wedding not just HERS and presumably if you are close enough to each other to want to be married, you will have talked out yer likes, dislikes and when it comes to arranging the wedding, her hopes and dreams and his of what the day wil be like will have been discussed by the" happy couple" at some point before enrolling on this programme. If not, the MARRIAGE is already on a sticky wicket,imo. I didn't see this episode but did she turn tail and run off?

Yep, when the wedding is being paid for by the telly folk ! It is also HIS wedding not just HERS and presumably if you are close enough to each other to want to be married, you will have talked out yer likes, dislikes and when it comes to arranging the wedding, her hopes and dreams and his of what the day wil be like will have been discussed by the" happy couple" at some point before enrolling on this programme. If not, the MARRIAGE is already on a sticky wicket,imo. I didn't see this episode but did she turn tail and run off?

I've never heard of the programme and didn't realize they were real people. :rolleyes:

Th Apprentice tonight. Anybody watch this? I never laughed so much as at the Food Business Manager working out the wholesale price of a bread roll at £1.80. :lol: Alan Sugar should be firing the researchers who found some of these participants.

I promise this is my last post

on the subject of BBC Alba :lol: I f*ckin love it

Just watched two documentaries the first about an old sunken German submarine from the first world war off the coast of Norway that has huge containers of mercury that are leaking and are a potential (present) danger to North Sea fishing. The other about the Yangteze (spelling) river in China.

I will admit it gets a wee bitty confusing because you have Norwegian/Chinese accents translated into gaelic and English subtitles on screen :lol::lol: but worth it