Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Scottish Independence ...

I like Patrick Harvie too, Pat but I still don't see the Greens as a contender anytime soon. I don't know what the Scottish Greens are like but down here it's all a tad too Islington and trendy lefty.

I got my SNP ballot papers through today.... no membership vote in the Referendum but a membership vote for the Deputy First Minister, hmm.

They've certainly built up their membership, harper, but not big contenders here either. Although they have a lot of respect.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Murphy now favourite to lead the Labour Branch, Scotland.

He sees opportunity in being slightly to the right of the SNP

I think you're right, samsc. Although the unions are unlikely to vote for him. I don't know how I will cope watching Holyrood in action if he is around. I have no time for him. No manners and no sense of responsibility and too right wing.

Now Anas Sarwar stands down so no depute Labour Leader. Huge Ipsos Mori poll predicting only four Scottish Labour MPs. Absolutely falling apart. Margaret Curran, Douglas Alexander among those expected to lose their seats. They'll have plenty to reflect on. How the heck Jim Murphy appears to be a star is beyond me.

Latest Westminster wheeze....as we suffer austerity they maintain shotgun licenses at £50 despite it now costing the police £190 to do thye checks and grouse and pheasant moorland payments (money from Government to landed gentry) increased by 80%

home rule is run by members of a right wing think tank.

they want us to have power to borrow but dont want us to have control over collection of taxes.

so if we need money we can borrow it but cant use our own.

home rule is run by members of a right wing think tank.

they want us to have power to borrow but dont want us to have control over collection of taxes.

so if we need money we can borrow it but cant use our own.

Good to see you posting, tig. Missed you. Power to borrow doesn't sound particularly tempting. Anyone can borrow on the High St these days.

thanks Pat. not been doing the forums much lately as work and other stuff has huckled all my computer time but back to normal now i hope lol.

power to borrow is pointless if you cant raise your own wealth. where would the money come from to repay the debt i wonder. its just another right wing trick so we pay all our wealth to westminster but have to fund our own services.

Enjoyed all the photos of Scots in Catalonia. They really deserve their Independence.

The Scottish Police Federation have submitted an astonishing report on new powers for Scotland to The Smith Commission. Worth a read: http://www.spf.org.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/The-Smith-Commission-271014.pdf