Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Scottish Independence ...

Annie Lennox assisting The Daily Record in their task of perpetuating utter rubbish: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/annie-lennox-scots-need-grow-4430006

What makes these London based previous pop stars think they are in touch with the political views of the Scottish people?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I make a point of not reading the Record.

I am sure those that voted Better Together will be thumbs upping the latest tory utterance that disabled people are not worth the minimum wage.

Every time you think they've reached their heights with the worse possible behaviour they top it.

Today I got an email from Esther McVey - how the hell I do not know but bumming her load about unemployment being at its lowest in yonks. I bet all those folk forced to work to achieve impoverishment would like a word with her.

Lauren Laverne could teach her a thing or two. (I told her then in my response and said not to contact me again) http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/oct/12/cant-fix-child-poverty-but-spend-billions-replacing-trident-lauren-laverne

The sooner the beloved Bullingdon boys can secure an opt out on the European Convention on Human Rights.......
......the quicker we can get all those unproductive disabled punters on a suitable wage.
I am so glad we remain part of the union. I think some of our Scottish disabled workers would have continued to be a curse on some of our corporations and institutions that really struggle to maintain executive bonuses and shareholder dividends.

The sooner the beloved Bullingdon boys can secure an opt out on the European Convention on Human Rights.......

......the quicker we can get all those unproductive disabled punters on a suitable wage.

I am so glad we remain part of the union. I think some of our Scottish disabled workers would have continued to be a curse on some of our corporations and institutions that really struggle to maintain executive bonuses and shareholder dividends.

The really are despicable I mean the elite crew at Westminster. I cannot abide all that guffawing. It looks as though we are going back in time with the undeserving poor. Next thing it will be the poorhouses.

Meanwhile the latest opinion poll in Scotland shows labour in third place BEHIND THE TORIES!!!

Quisling labourites now bleating about 'a return to core values' and we have the Daily Record 'pleading for letting bygones be bygones' as the boycott bites and it loses 14% sales in one month.

Wonder how Asda, Sainsbury's, Grants Whisky, RBS, etc are all doing?

I've not been back into Asda. Never shopped there a lot but it was handy when I was in Clydebank. Walmart are absoltute horrors anyway but I am sure the Referendum scaremongering has done them no good.

I see Ukip has lost a whack of its funding. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/nigel-farages-antieu-european-parliament-group-collapses-after-mep-leaves-9799051.html

Remember the leaked document indicating the cut to the NHS budget in Scotland – part of the scaremongering BT campaign. It was a load of baloney. This is how the BBC confess on Twitter:

Internal managers' discussion of "£450m NHS cut" was wrong: NHS gets £288m more, incl capital spend: above £12bn for first time. #ScotBudget

0 replies 159 retweets 32 favorites

While we continue to have that dreadful first past the post system then fully supportive of it. I am sure those that took part in the Better Together Alliance with the tories will have no objections to others forming their own alliances

I think she would have lost her seat so jump rather than be pushed. She had one of the smallest wins and I think there will be many Labour goners after the election. She wouldn't have fancied Nicola Sturgeon as an opponent. Wonder if it will be Brown and wonder who'll be the Deputy FM.

Interesting to hear Plaid Cymru talk about an alliance with SNP re: a possible Coalition. Times are very interesting at Westminster and Holyrood.

I suppose the Greens are an option, harper. At least we have the SNP.

Samsc, apparently Brown's plc is a charity. But how the heck can these MPs take on other jobs – is a politician's job not that demanding?

The Greens, bless them - terribly well meaning but seriously.... :P

Patrick Harvie is really the only one I know that much about. I like him.

Anas Sarwar's stint as Interim Leader of the Labour Party at Holyrood will surely rule him out of taking on the role on a permanent basis. He seems incapable of answering a straight question.

I like Patrick Harvie too, Pat but I still don't see the Greens as a contender anytime soon. I don't know what the Scottish Greens are like but down here it's all a tad too Islington and trendy lefty.

I got my SNP ballot papers through today.... no membership vote in the Referendum but a membership vote for the Deputy First Minister, hmm.