Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
harper

Scottish Independence ...

If you listen to Ian Woods interview he states 'Better Together' several times, he uses the phrase 'best of both worlds' several times, clearly a political speech.

Maygen announcement of tidal energy moving from R&D to commercial is further enhancement of Scotland's energy credentials

I am very suspicious of Wood' involvement. He felt he had to speak out. He did it at a very crucial point. According to The Shetland News - the place is hoaching with investigations and developments. When did you ever hear of oil being painted as such a problem for a country?

He appears to have lost 8 billion barrels of oil down the back of his couch.

Jim 'Soap box' Murphy boo'ed out of Motherwell Town Centre :)

Murphy didn't go down well in Clydebank. He told the folk that Scottish Government had done more to harm shipbuilding on the Clyde than Maggie Thatcher.

I actually felt sorry for Darling. If he had any sense he'd jack the whole Better Together side in and defect.

There are times when Salmond can be a real scunner but on this occasion he was an absolute stunner.

I've got everything crossed that is crossable for a YES victory come September 18th, 2014.

BT are so negative and Mr S was very positive. The audience helped. I liked his suit. :)

I didn't feel sorry for Darling. Hell slap it into him a traitor and hypocrite. I heard Salmond celebrated in OranMor. Don';t know where Darling slunk off to. But will it change people's minds? I agree with sammy. Too many closet tories counting their takings from homes to let.

I don't know about the debate but have you seen the Better Together broadcast with the woman talking to herself in the kitchen. They've been going mental photoshopping it on Facebook and Twitter. It lends itself to a lot of micky talking. Like something from the 50's. I think it's supposed to be aimed at the women voters who are supposedly still making up their minds. May backfire as its patronising not to say misogynist.

I see BBC concluded that the debate was eaksy peaksy.

See the latest scare tactic from the 131 businessmen - worried about risk in business is out there in all the papers. They apparently have nothing to do with Better Together? Look like died in the wool Tories to me.

200 business people say independence is the right way.

ICM polls showing Glasgow is now pro YES. Dundee is pro YES. Orkney council has come out as pro YES.

The UK Secretary of State for Scotland has announced if we vote YES he will resign and set about helping to negotiate Scotland's independence.

The Dam has broken

"....the woman talking to herself in the kitchen... Like something from the 50's. "

Absolutely clueless. I did laugh -- it had the rhythm and subtext of a Harry Enfield sketch -- but I also blushed in shame. She sounded painfully like some women I know who are, let's just say, not a million miles from my own family circle. Sadly, that kind of attitude -- "it's aw above my head and I'm too busy with life to pay much attention to such matters and besides every politician is out for him/herself and doesn't give a rat's bahookie about ordinary folk" -- is commonplace where I come from.

Let's seizure right enough. Thanks, samsc.

You still heading over, Sgriob?

"You still heading over, Sgriob?"

Wild horses annat, Pat. I'l be staying near Perth starting on 8th Sept. I have sworn a solemn oath not to discuss this issue with my No-saying rellies. But I'll be singing, dancing and disgracing myself as much as possible with the old gang. I hope the gap in the polls gets no narrower. The Ayes need the inspiration, and mebbe some Naws will think it's in the bag and not bother to vote.

Today I feel it in my bones that it will be Yes. Even if it's not, I'm more sure than ever that Independence is inevitable sooner or later.

I daydream about spending my final years in an Independent Scotland.

I'm daydreaming about an Independent Scotland too, Sgriob. I am lucky as I hardly know anyone voting No – I know of them but nobody very close. I don't know how these people manage where there is one partner voting Yes and the other No. It seems to me that the issues are so fundamental that you basically can't have much in common.

This guy gets my point and he is very, very brave: Worth a watch:

I'm probably not going to be able to get up to Scotland. I moved a month ago and I am in building hell ....

If I don't get there, put a wee kiss on the back of your ballot paper for me. xxxx